Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-01-2005, 11:41 AM   #21
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: Stuff That Really Works...How 'bout it?

Good tank bags rock. I-Pass itself should be mentioned as something that works. Nothing worse than fumbling for change at the tolls. Didn't know they doubled the tolls.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #22
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

I own numerous crescent wrenches. Single-size wrenches sound like a good idea until you have to take apart something that has seventeen different-sized bolts.

Zippers are great when made properly from metal.

Calculators are also a very impressive tool.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #23
billhawley
Founding Member

Windjammer Fairings. Especially with lowers. Still no better fairing available (even though they're curently mostly only available on ebay, or NOS where you can find them).

If you don't want the weight and/ or don't need the storage that a 'jammer affords (these will hold as much as two saddlebags, no joke), may I suggest the Enterprise II windshield by Slipstreamer. This is a clear (or smoke tinted) Lexan windshield that incorporates "lowers" in a one piece design. It provides nearly the same level of protection as a good frame mounted fairing, but may be easily removed in a half hour or less. But be sure to use Loctite on all threaded fasteners (ask me how I know).

Vetter Hippohands will keep your paws dry and warm, while allowing you to use light or NO gloves in temps down to 35 - 40 F. These mount to the bars and remain there. You slip your hands into them. Again, these are only available used or NOS on ebay or other sources, since they're no longer made. C'mon Craig Vetter. Stop making silly things and make the good stuff again (what was up with that dumb looking fairing that looked like a bird's or angel's wings???) Is that the best he could do after selling the rights to the Windjammer? Naked/ "standard" bikes are alive once more, and the market exists IF SOMEONE WOULD MAKE THE PRODUCTS FOR THE BIKES!

Finally, Newcastle Brown still works great. Take six or eight (after riding), and call in to work in the morning. Ohhhhh.....
billhawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #24
christian_gates
Founding Member

This topic blows. How about something interesting, like why five valves per cylinder might improve combustion compared to two or four valve designs. Or a review of suspension designs that allow for lateral flex (which is vertical flex when the bike is leaned over).

Or an analysis of why older Buells cracked their frames.

Or a review of why more cylinders almost always equals more power.

There are a billion interesting motorcycle topics out there - this isn't one of them.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:16 PM   #25
johnnyb
Founding Member

well, then of course, you're into a total new area: People that Work. oooooooooo...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:17 PM   #26
byrongo
Founding Member

The techie route...

my iPod. All the hype aside, somehow this little box has managed to take all my musical hems and haws and woes and made them disappear. The iPod's real genius isn't in what it adds to your life, but what it takes away. All that fuss and muss about which music to bring, what to put in, where to put it all, pick and choose and mix CDs and all that...

turn it on, listen, smile. done.

and my TiVo. Seriously, I can't remember the last time something I bought not only did what it said it would do, but then surprised me with functions I didn't even know could exist! What a great machine, and it may be a niche sort of product, but...designed? This thing was conjured, it works so well.

and my allen sockets? when you ride lots of things on two wheels, engined or not, all of a sudden those ratcheting allens seem so much friendlier than any L or even T-key...

byrongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:20 PM   #27
byrongo
Founding Member

instead of complaining, why don't you just start one?

put up or shut up, isn't that what they say?

bad vibes never helped nobody.
byrongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:45 PM   #28
sconley
Founding Member

Default Re: Paying Homage:

No, I can't say that I have... I'll take your word on it, but to think Lockhart Phillips could even screw a rear stand up is amusing.
sconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #29
James_Brown
Registered Member

....so they helped somebody?
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:05 PM   #30
5valvethumper
Founding Member

Did someone say five valves?
5valvethumper is offline   Reply With Quote