Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-23-2005, 05:44 PM   #21
ofreen
Registered Member

Default Re: Going to Daytona?

Never been to Daytona Bike Week. Went to the River Run at Laughlin a few years ago, tho. It was like the place was full of junior high school kids drinking their first beer. Pretty stupid.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2005, 07:11 PM   #22
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I'll go and watch the races. Saturday night on the sidewalk across from the Boothill is a rare show and good fun with the right Bud's. The girls were still showin' but have to be sneaky, does that make it better? The Cops that I ran into were alright (last year). I keep hoping that the Kwacker will break down someday so that I too can have to take a bike to Daytona on a trailer/back of pickemup but no luck, guess I'll have to ride it .
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:32 PM   #23
tomk2
Founding Member

Been to Daytona, it's all straight-flat-roadsville & riding there is boring as hell & ya can't get a decent meal in the whole freaking state. No wonder so many of them Floridians look so damn old, it's all that fried food they eat.

This year I'm stayin close to home, riding to Laguna Seca, good roads, good eats & MotoGP, aka "the big show"

P.S. The right way to do Laguna Seca is to get a group of riders together and rent a big vacation house in Carmel or Pacific Grove, someplace with a decent kitchen & a hot tub & pool.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:09 PM   #24
RD350B
Registered Member

Vintage bike races and demo rides
RD350B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:23 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Hey! I thought we were going to go there and sell spray-on road grime and stick-on fake bugs. What gives?

Are you sure you want to miss the "Best Custom Trailer" event?
Old 02-24-2005, 03:27 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Dream on.

Ha! Fat chance! Old Kwackers never quit. If I hadn't sold my '81 KZ750 (to an idiot who wrecked it a couple of months later) I bet it'd still be running.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:28 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Ok I'm in on the vacation house. Got one in mind?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:32 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Nah. Local runs only. The yearly Polar Bear Run and the Toy Run rides are enough for me. Or maybe the Devil's Slide Ride. Several hundred bikers at once is more than enough. Too many more and it ends up being nothing but a venue for overpriced merchants selling crap.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:35 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: No, going to Laguna

Look on the bright side. Florida is about as far away as you can get from He Who Can't Be Named in the lower 48.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:17 AM   #30
kowalke67
Founding Member

Fried food or they are all old retired people. FL never had much appeal to me except for the fishing. This summer may involve a trip for tarpon in the FL Keys, maybe Key Largo.

That's nice bit of information on living quarters doing Laguna. Now if someone can tell me the best way to see the race (i.e. to late to buy tickets that are worthwhile?, to camp or not to camp, camp where?, etc.)