Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2006 Harley-Davidson StreetRod (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2675-2006-harley-davidson-streetrod.html)

seruzawa 02-17-2005 04:35 AM

Re: 2005 Harley-Davidson StreetRod

All I need to do to get another 20HP+ is bolt in some GSXR cams and install a jet kit. The carbs are the same.

I haven't because I don't want to lose the G's really really wide powerband. Downshifting on the Interstate is optional.

I really need that Speed Triple to slake my need for speed. Too bad I had to toss $6K a couple of weeks ago to replace my old, departed and unlamented snowmobile.

seruzawa 02-17-2005 04:37 AM

Re: If I get the Gist...of, the Crux...of, the Point...of Things:

I don't think that the Big Twin crowd considers a VRod to be an HD. They don't even think that sportsters are HDs.

seruzawa 02-17-2005 04:39 AM

Re: At last a sort-of-new Harley to use the V-ROD engine

When that day comes you'll need the .38 to finish the job.

longride 02-17-2005 04:42 AM

Re: 2006 Harley-Davidson StreetRod

Funny Guy! Actually, if Harley made a nice touring platform with this motor, I would be interested, but as far as a "Street Rod", well the V-Max has that covered.

SeanAlexander 02-17-2005 04:46 AM

Didn't Yamaha......

To answer your question: Yes.

Buzglyd 02-17-2005 04:53 AM

Best Gold Wing Line

I was in my car with my 7 year old boy and a yellow Gold Wing pulled onto the road. My son said, "Daddy the back of that motorcycle looks like a car." Another 1/4 mile down the road he asks, "Does that have just two wheels?"

Coffee speweth on dash board at this moment!

Holy_Kaw 02-17-2005 05:17 AM

Re: 2005 Harley-Davidson StreetRod

Had to pull out the ol' XLCR picture (pulled out of a calendar way back) and yes, I agree. Now that Harley's gone Brembo (Major Kudos) that XLCR, with 17 inch hoops, updated legs and a slicked up tranny could work for me today. A properly hopped-up HD can sound Great, the XR750 is still one of my favorite sounding race engines.

longride 02-17-2005 05:31 AM

Re: At last a sort-of-new Harley to use the V-ROD engine

Rough crowd

sportbike_pilot 02-17-2005 05:38 AM

Good words man.

Wish I could steal a quick ride on one of these. I applaud HD for at least taking tentative steps towards more uptempo performance.

Buy hey, unless you photoshopped the wheelie near a school zone photo I got enuf goods on you so if you even dream of banging on me for riding with da papoose again you better wake up and speed dial me that you were just kiddin. :)

-sbp

nokneedragin 02-17-2005 05:38 AM

Soo close, yet soo far. The looks might grow on me (like fungus). The front wheel looks way to big. But a step in the right direction IF HD wants to expand its base.

The sad thing is the rank and file HD owners barely acept the Vrod as a "real" motorcycle. I know one guy that lets his wife ride his because he caught to much flack from his budies.

This motor is an experiment that I think HD brass don't know what to do with.IMO they need to look at a sport/tourer setup.