Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2006 Harley-Davidson StreetRod (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2675-2006-harley-davidson-streetrod.html)

jungkvist 02-16-2005 09:43 PM

Re: If I get the Gist...of, the Crux...of, the Point...of Things:

Yeah: Had the same exchange with a moto-jorno, and it seems that the Warrior's price, is the bench-mark and deal-breaker among, just about everyone...when, it comes to the S-Rod.

Even if it was my style, can't imagine springing for an S-Rod; the Warrior's a +$5K, less!

If it was only a matter of, performance, comfort status and style, I'd buy an S4 Monster.

longride 02-17-2005 01:37 AM

Re: 2006 Harley-Davidson StreetRod

This bike doesn't strike me as being anything new, or ground breaking. Seeing one in person didn't do anything for me. Didn't ride one, but I doubt I would be drooling on it after the ride. I'd rather have my current V-Max, or a Speed Triple, rather than this bike. Hey, I just figured it out! Since I bought my Max used, I can have both the Max and the NEW Speed3 for the same price as a Street Rod! Sounds like a plan.

SRMark 02-17-2005 01:56 AM

I really want to like this bike but it still lacks something in the overall visuals. It's still a bit too long, the tank is too flat and the exhaust has too much mass (as does the price). The paint schemes are okish but kinda ordinary. But, by gawd, Haryley is moving in a good direction here. A big tip of the hat to Middlewaukee.

SRMark 02-17-2005 02:00 AM

Re: 2005 Harley-Davidson StreetRod

Regarding item #1 - better have a release valve installed 'cause I think yer butt hole is broke.

seruzawa 02-17-2005 02:04 AM

Re: 2005 Harley-Davidson StreetRod

I willingly defer to the man of obvious experience.

paul_from_Minnesota 02-17-2005 02:28 AM

Let's see. A power cruiser type bike that defies catagories, powerful rush but loses out a bit in corners but hey, it is not a sportbike!, somewhat upright seating and a bad boy attitude...

Didn't Yamaha do this better, and is still faster 20years after it's inception?

Take a Vmax for a spin for a lot less cash!

paul from Minnesota

longride 02-17-2005 02:33 AM

Re: At last a sort-of-new Harley to use the V-ROD engine

Whatever motor H-D puts into a new generation tourer will not be like a GoldWing in any way, shape, or form. I think they will always be two different animals, due to the philosophy of the companies, and the experience each bike brings to the owner. The Wing is a nice bike, and I will certainly own another one day.

Buzglyd 02-17-2005 02:34 AM

You GPTB guys just don't like Harleys unless they're air-cooled eh?

ducatirdr 02-17-2005 02:55 AM

A Harley that wheelies in stock form. How messed up is that! Oh I want to buy one and then ride wheelies all day long past posers on GSXR's, R1's and the like.

Sean - If you can do a stoppie on it you are God.

James_Brown 02-17-2005 03:14 AM

Re: If I get the Gist...of, the Crux...of, the Point...of Things:

"American Super-Luxury-Super-Cruiser"

How about a deuce-and-a-quarter or late 60s Toro?