Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-18-2005, 01:51 AM   #101
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Hate to break the news

I think the best part is, he never left, and is obviously moderating all these posts. Certainly a classic mental case if there ever was one. We need a bet on what day he will post again. It probably won't be under an alias, since he is still on his original account.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2005, 02:13 AM   #102
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 Harley-Davidson StreetRod

Great review. Focused on the important – the bike is loads of fun to ride and looks good. But grossly overpriced (as expected) and we know HD won’t do a damn thing about the absurd MSRP.

Comparing the S-Rod pics to the 883R pics slipped into the review was interesting. To me, the 883R is infinitely better looking and nearly reasonably priced. HD got rid of the vibes last year, but I’m still waiting for the FI option on the Sportster line – an 883R with FI is the only HD I’d actually buy.

The S-RodÂ’s price makes it is just a marketplace curiosity. Expect DEEP discounts....and soon.
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:49 AM   #103
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Expect DEEP discounts....and soon"

Should we expect those right around the time Harley starts going down the tubes? What year did Harley ever deeply discount their products? I never remember one. Not even when they had one step in the grave in the 80's.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:52 AM   #104
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I supppse the fact that Sean posting a story about a Harley-Davidson the day after his account expired was too much for him to take.

Although the poll was just about getting him off the message boards so I guess he could still be a subscriber.

I say he reappears March 1st.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:30 AM   #105
sarnali
Founding Member

The guys at Downtown Harley Davidson in Tukwila have built a Vrod with the fairing, bags and seat off a Road Glide. It mounts on a bracket off the steering head and is braced by a bracket off the frame where it bolts together in front off the fr. head. They did a fantastic job, beautiful clean welds and powdercoat on the brackets and all black 'n' shiney everywhere else. I think they want mid $20's for it OTD, which considering the work involved isn't too bad a price.

If Harley doesn't build that bike they deserve to go tits up.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:33 AM   #106
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Best Gold Wing Line

Yu Gi Oh is definately it now. Pokemon is so last Tuesday........
Old 02-18-2005, 03:37 AM   #107
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: If I get the Gist...of, the Crux...of, the Point...of Things:

A little harsh on the posers and a little soft on the fundamentalists aren't you?

Ever notice how "fundamentalist" is derived from "fundament", which is a polite way of saying "pooper"?
Old 02-18-2005, 03:46 AM   #108
seruzawa
The Toad

I'd bet that my little story about my success in talking a friend out of buying a 600 Supersport as a first bike had Kook throwing a fit... fingers twitching over the "OK!" button.. little scraams issuing from his throat... his mother forcing another Alderall down his pie hole.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:49 AM   #109
wolfpack_fan
Registered Member

Default Re: Motorcyclists Divided Amongst Themselves...

Now this has got to be about the dumbest thing IÂ’ve ever read. In addition to your bastardized use English punctuation making every post of yours nearly impossible to read, you would have every "Nuvo- Doctor / Lawyer / Upper-Middle-Class" poser gang raped by a hoard of Hells Angels. One thing you should keep in mind is that those same Doctors, Lawyers, and Upper-Middle-Class individuals can have a political voice that your standard flip-flop wearing squid does not. So as long as we have people like Sean pulling wheelies through school zones (no offense SA, I do it too), motorcyclists need all the high-class posers we can get in order to keep our riding privileges. Is it hurting you that they only put 200 miles on their motorcycle per year? Are they giving motorcyclists a bad name? Maybe among other bikers, but probably not the public at large. Keep your divisive opinions of other riders in checkÂ…

Live and let live. Ride and let rideÂ…

wolfpack_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:50 AM   #110
sarnali
Founding Member

Nope, never. Used HD's were cheap, but new ones were always at MSRP. For example my '78 XLH was $2200 OTD in '82, my '80 FLHP was $4500 OTD in'85, my bro's '76 FXE was $3000 in '81. I cost me $5000 to piece together my 80inch Shovel in 1980 including paint and engine work. New FX's were going for around $8k and FLH's were around $10k.

Of course at that time I was only making $1500 a month so they were still too much...