Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-11-2005, 03:31 AM   #11
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Helmet Roundup

Man!

I've looked throught the article five times. Which one of the pictures is it where EBass isn't actually wearing a helmet, but simply painted his head?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2005, 05:54 AM   #12
sarnali
Founding Member

I had one of the BMW System flip front helmets when I rode BMW's. I really liked it at the time. Now that I've been using a RF900 Shoei for a while I like it much better. I think the biggest difference in low end vs. higher end helmets is in venting, noise levels and comfort. As long as it passes DOT or BSI it's going to protect your bean.

I like the way Arai's fit and I like their graphics so I'll probably get a Quantum next. Price within reason isn't really an issue with me when it comes to protecting my self, I'm more interested in style and comfort. A Shark or Suomy or a Roof Boxer would be cool, but I don't know how well they fit and I'd have to buy them from a Brit. dealer online and hope for the best.

Still, image is everything..........
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:08 AM   #13
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Snell, not DOT...

Snell actually tests things, while DOT will allow you to put their sticker on a Yamulka, the only issue being the Goverment will just fine you for it if they find out about it's being made from cardboard and used bubblegum...

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:43 AM   #14
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Great job duuuuude. I miss ya manny. Also major kudos for giving props to lids you don't have to take out a HELOC to purchase - which often actually do the job just fine. Even noise, venting and comfort (heretofore the chief "advantages" to zillion dollar fiberglass head tattoos) are getting much better.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:15 AM   #16
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Marvin the Martian, calling Earth...Marvin the Martian, calling Earth...Come in: Mo..

WhewWee! Mama would ya look it-that...sorta goofy lookin, ain't they!

Ya gotta admit, when it comes to lookin silly, the Harley-guys always cross the line in first, but if this keeps-up pretty-soon it's gonna be Photo-Finish with Place & Show, and us squid-kids will-be Stretchin for-the Tape!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:53 AM   #17
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default LookinÂ’ for talent, since Ebass left? Hey, Sean! Make me an offerÂ…

I can writeÂ…iffÂ’n I says-So maÂ’self (and, IÂ’m-a doan-even hafta use-a ma-hands) of course, it could be said that I have an ever-so-slight tendency to be verbose, obscure, quixotic, esoteric and colloquialÂ…but, Pardner, thatÂ’s just me stootinÂ’ first-n-askin questions laterÂ…and, mine schpeeking-throughÂ’da-hat, vats on mine nogginÂ…Oye!

Give the word (your, Damn-Well-say-So) and IÂ’d bet (wager / speculate / think-as-much / give ya a dollar to a donut) that I could show (display / exhibit / make-known/ give an A$$-Kicking example of) what a can doÂ…but my friend I, am to be ever so sorry to say that I can not speak...7-11... to you.

$hit! The West CoastÂ’s gotta be better-than North West Pennsylvania even-if I gotta Kiss-some-A$$ and-wash an occasional bike and IÂ’d be willing to relocate if I didnÂ’t have to take-it-up-the-butt to-much and youÂ’d be willing to pay me a decent wage after-all I can write in my sleep though I ride like IÂ’m inna Coma but who really cares because it ainÂ’t like any-of-us are gonna win the Pulizer and sure-as-Hell ainÂ’t any-of-us gonna be on the MotoGP circuit next year!

Somebody! Please! Get me out of North West Pennsylvania!

But, I'd rather be here than Texas!

Old 02-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #18
cyclox
Founding Member

I agree. On the flip-up helmet, could you at least detail the closure mechanism? Motorcycle Consumer News did a flip-up comparo a year ago and went into some detail on the flip-up attachment system - metal, plastic, cheap, durable, etc. Based on this review, all I can say is that ebass had best keep the lid flipped down. Actually, most people look like dorks with the front flipped up, but those damn things are convenient for those of us who wear glasses.

Also, I recently picked up a Suomy Spec-1 for track use and it's really really nice. As good as an Arai, but I was able to get it at an awesome price. If I had to pay retail, it would be a hard decision between an Arai and the Suomy.

cyclox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:19 AM   #19
jungkvist
Founding Member

My only problem a with full-face helmet is peripheral vision. Mine's pretty good, and I've come to rely on it, a lot. When my p-vision is blocked by blocked, I feel like I'm partially blind.

Loss of hearing is also a problem, in a full-face Helmet. So I've thinking about a larger wind-windscreen (to block debris and the wind) and a really-good half helmet...and hoping for the best.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #20
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Do not hate me because I am beautiful

I owe it to the women of the world to maintain my Adonis-like profile for as long as possible so anything less than full face protection just isn't going to make it.

I can see where it might not matter to some of our less impressively visaged brethren to subject their mugs to the vagueries of sun wind and tarmac. but my rugged handsomeness is a gift for all women and not one I take lightly...
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote