Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #31
tomhorn
Registered Member

Default Re: Let's Hear It

Or a naked RC-51 with a big, round headlight, single-sided swingarm and left exit or undertail exhaust. Sort of a SuperHawkGT.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #32
Fenton
Founding Member

Bring to me one 1990 RC30. Then make me oblivious to the fact every new 600 supersport will leave it for dead and are more comfortable.

I was afraid to ride a 1997 YZF1000, eight years later it's a do-it-all sport tourer. I am still hunting for the perfect bike, but the rules keep changing. By 2008 I sould be sport-touring on a 999.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #33
tomhorn
Registered Member

'02-'04 Triumph Speed Triple. Handles well enough for sport work, big and comfy enough for road trips, wind blast makes 80mph feel quite fast enough, thank you, Harley guys will wave because they think it's a Buell, and you can put fake, stick-on bullet holes on it and pretend you're Tom Cruise in "MI2".
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #34
dbrunell
Founding Member

I'll second the vote for the ZX-10R. Best bike I've owned in over 30 years of riding. Helibars are due out soon. You'll have to improvise for the center stand, or get one of those thingies that prop up the right side of the axle for chain lubes on the go.
dbrunell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:44 PM   #35
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: Weapon of Choice:

The one gun for me...when it absolutely, possitively, has to be dead....a 30/40 Kreig.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #36
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Wow! You are Old School!

A Pursang! Man, those take me back to 1965 or 66...getting too old to remember, for sure.

My buddy's big brother, Gary, had one of those. Gary said it was a wild ride, and he was CRAZY! Evidenced by the fact, he rode an H1 from Califorina to Pennsylvania, in 3 days, after he got home from Vietnam.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:25 PM   #37
jungkvist
Founding Member

Yeah, everyone gathers around when they know you own rattle snakes, so I guess that'd explain people's curiosity about your H1 (just kidding).

But honestly, since I'm talking about an amalgamation, I think an H1 motor, bolted into a Norton frame, would have ruled the streets from the late 60s thru the late 70s, and maybe, into the 80s (if ya could keep the middle piston from seizing). Nothing, before or since, has ever been the quantum leap, the H1 was, when it was introduced. Man, guys who owned those things, we talked about them like they were Super Heros (and, they damn-near were). H1s were the closest thing anyone came, to mass-marketing, being fired out of a cannon (without a net).
Old 02-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #38
Dryfly
Registered Member

How about a new R1 for a 43 year old who's "still" waiting for the perfect sport touring bike. It would come with a taller shield, VFR height bars, Ohlins front & back, heated grips, heated Corbin seat, ABS braking, cruise control, hard bags, bmw outlet front & back, HID lights, loud ass horns, carbon fiber everywhere, self canceling turn signals, wave rotors, carbon rear hugger, single side rear swing arm, carbon Akrapovic performance exhaust, etc. That's it for now.

"I have a dream!"
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #39
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Think, maybe, he should tell that to a Polar Bear?

Ya just knew it was bound to happen...Ya say the sky's blue, and somebodies just gotta say..."It's just light-particles being scattered in the atmosphere, that makes the Sky look blue." I swear, some guys couldn't have sex, without instructions and the proper diagrams!