Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-06-2005, 01:31 PM   #22
Rubble
Founding Member

Default Re: Let's Hear It

Bears aren't predators, they are foragers as anyone who has come across piles of bear scat know. Yes, they do eat fish but the bulk of thier diet is comprised of roots, berries, grubs and such. They do not prey on other animals like wolves or mountain lions do. They are, however, fiercely protective of thier young and thier territory.

Rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:39 PM   #23
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Default Re: 650 V-Strom is the .. of motorcycles

with half the sex appeal!
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #24
jeffreyc
Registered Member

For me, Yamaha has already made the perfect bike in the MT-01. (Of course the stage 3 kit is required).

All I want is a torquey motor, a place to sit and a place to hang on (or off).

Next in line?

The 950 SuperDuke or a light weight 450-500cc supermotard (Please Aprillia, put that 450cc V-twin in a supermotard.)

The new Street Rod has a lot of appeal too.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:09 PM   #25
MRALLCAPS
Founding Member

Default YO, DAT AIN'T RIGHT

MY BOY VANILLA ICE (MY FIREARMZ EXPERT) SEZ THERE AIN'T NO SPRIENGFIELD 1911- BUT THERE IZ A COLT M1911, WID A .45 CALIBER CAP TO BUST INTO YA AZZ. I THINK A GLOCK IZ BEDDA.
MRALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #26
Kevin_Williams
Registered Member

I've got an '03 Tuono. I'd say it's perfect for me overall with only a slight yearning for a lower seat and improved fuel consumption.
Kevin_Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #27
Pinkslip
Founding Member

I would like Honda to come out with a new 750cc sportbike. I'm thinking that with their R&D, Honda could build an incredible 750cc version of the RC51 putting out 125HP and 65lb/ft of torque. The smaller engine would give them room to fit a single, front-mount radiator, allowing the bike to cool more efficiently, not to mention it would save weight.

The Honda would have a lighter frame as well. It would need lighter everything: wheels, motor, body, suspension components (Unit Pro-link?), and a much, MUCH better tank range-- Something in the 40mpg range.

Of course, I would love to see all of that in a CBR in-line four version too-- either way!
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #28
gbrummett
Founding Member

Eat Buells for breakfast???

Looking at the track specs from the big magazines you would think so huh???

But as I found out the other day, Not on the street they don't. Went riding with a guy that bought a new 636 and stomped his butt off the line through the light every single time. He never once beat me to 60 or the other side of the intersection.

Roll on, at the lake everywhere but over 100 was putin a whoopin on him.

You my friend either ride your bike very very well indeed, or have never ridden against someone with an XB12.

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #29
tomhorn
Registered Member

Default Re: YO, DAT AIN'T RIGHT

Glocks are like Hondas: appliance-like reliability but not much character. 1911s are like Harleys: old, out-dated, but so popular, you could build one from after-market parts alone, and build it to suit you and make it uniquely yours.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:14 PM   #30
tomhorn
Registered Member

Being foragers with a varied diet of meat and veggies makes them omnivores but doesn't disqualify them from being predators.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote