Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   MO Reader Feedback (
-   -   Out of the Canyons & Onto the Track (

Pgbexr 02-05-2005 11:14 AM

Re: Out of the Canyons & Onto the Track
O' Brother where art thou? Bring it on! Just kiddin' buddy you're just too fast for me and Bandito.

Pgbexr 02-05-2005 11:27 AM

Yep. Same one. Tarted it up a bit before race day though.

Steven_Verschoor 02-05-2005 11:37 AM

Jethro, that you?

jungkvist 02-05-2005 01:49 PM

Thanks for listening...
Thanks! I wouldn't want the guys to put anyone (including themselves) in danger. So, I imagine an actual race would be the best idea.

For the past year, I've been chomping at the bit to get to track school, so it's not like I need convincing. But, having done some coaching, I know how hard it is to get-thru to young minds...enthused with hormones..."Which way did they go? Which way did they go? I'll tear 'em apart! Which way did they go?" Sound familiar?

So, since ya can't smack 'em all upside the head... :-)

jungkvist 02-05-2005 04:55 PM

Re: Wait! Wait! Don't give up, so soon...
Thank you Kpaul. That's nice of you to say.

seruzawa 02-06-2005 03:16 AM

Re: Somethin I remember...
Vroomnu the Motorcycle God punishes braggarts. You should know that by now.

stoney8888 02-06-2005 04:14 AM

Re: Thanks for listening...
I know what someone wants for his birthday.

I hear its so addicting that after you start you call it crack day not track day

jungkvist 02-06-2005 06:29 AM

While in some areas is wouldn't work, it would be nice to see a manufacturer offer track-school as a premium, with the purchase of new sport bikes. But, since that probably wouldn't be workable, perhaps companies could include a comprehensive training-video.

Fundamentals are important in learning any new skill, from shooting pool to playing golf.

When you consider that Sport Riding is pretty-much Bull Fighting's second-cousin; the stakes are raised amazingly high and training becomes much-more than a case of "Oh, by the way."

After all, we're not talking about a pleasant afternoon at Thunder Mountain, where Danger is a cathrsis, and Death is an abstration. We're taking about Danger in the Realist-of-Time, and Death in in all of it's Finality.

Kids need to be taught (Hell, I need to be taught). And, even though they might-not like listening, they should at-least be given the information, that could Save Their A$$!

In my view, manufacturers (who sell Godzilla On Wheels, to the General Public) should make SAFETY more than a watch-word. Things like "profession rider on a closed course don't try any of the crazy-sh!t unless you're been properly trained" at the bottom of the page, in small-print, DON'T MAKE IT!!!