Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-04-2005, 04:42 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Well done MO!!

By this logic one would be best served by claiming that his bike was the worst handling, slowest POS in the known universe.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #22
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Logic's got nothing to do with it, my friend. It's all about hormone and adrenaline for a lot of young guys wo don't know any better. I can remember when I had hormones and adrenaline, but just barely.

You would be amazed at the number of guys who show up for a track day on a brand spanking new CBR/GSXR/R/ZX piped to the moon and go out and crash in the first turn of the first session of the morning on cold street tires.

Sometimes just getting there is less than 50% of the smarts required to make it a good experience.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:14 AM   #23
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Out of the Canyons & Onto the Track

I can heartily recomend the Keith Code schools. They will provide leathers, helmets, gloves, boots, preped bike and instruction. It cost more than a novice day at the track, but you can use their gear and see what it feels like.

Also they do a travelling school at various tracks around the country. So check out their schedule and see when they are near.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:44 AM   #24
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Well um, I don't want to muscle in on this girlfriend thing, but I want to add my thanks to Fonzie.</p>

It was three long, HOT days out there. I don't think I saw Fonzie sit down once!</p>

You're the man, Fonz.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:46 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

That can't be. 600cc Supersports are the safest bikes on the road. Those guys just neglected to spend enough time in the gym.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:48 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Could be worse...

I've thought about doing a track day but the closest track is either Pueblo, Co. or Vegas. Too much trouble.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:55 AM   #28
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Could be worse...

I'll pick you up on my next trip down. We can argue about politics for 600 miles. Long as you leave your guns at home.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:13 AM   #29
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Could be worse...

No...No...No... BRING your guns..... We can have a MO day At The Range! -Sean
Old 02-04-2005, 06:15 AM   #30
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Steve, if Fonzie ran out of vasaline maybe he had er, um, difficulty sitting down. BTW congrats on your racing experience. Your tales of daring do really made me seriously think about going racing myself, and motivating an old guy like me is no easy task. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote