Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #1
maloosik
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Street

first post!

I'll take one in tribal
maloosik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Second Post

2nd, post. And, I'll take mine in an alternate universe. Super Sports are great but you can have 'em; I can't take the vibration. And when it comes to exiting a corner in first gear, with 10-grand showing on the tach and nowhere to go but up, I no likey them too much. Still, it's damn amazing how they keep getting better and better.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:15 PM   #3
Pinkslip
Founding Member

Of the four bikes I've narrowed my choices to for my next purchase, not one is a 600. This bike may seriously change that.

One in Solid Black, please.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
PoppySTS
Founding Member

dude!

thats my bike!

i love it, its a fair bit faster than a 2000 VFR800

and it eats the bike i learned on (honda magna) for breakfast
PoppySTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:21 PM   #5
PoppySTS
Founding Member

treibal looks pretty sick make sure you see it in person it looks tight as hell
Old 01-27-2005, 11:24 PM   #6
PoppySTS
Founding Member

Default Re: Second Post

yeah but i some people want the extreme handling they provide without the beginner danger that a 1000cc bike has. I love my CBR600RR, and yeah, I would love a CBR1000RR more, but I want to be safe on my bike. My friend has a 2005 Hayabusa, he lets me ride it when we go on long trips. Its cool but I want to be able to get 100% from a 600, then go up to a liter bike. I know 600s dont have the torque but come on they are good for people who know how to ride a sportbike but aren't ready for a 1000CC+
Old 01-28-2005, 02:36 AM   #7
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Let me see if I can summarize the results of the CBR600RR MO reports:

Track test: A+

Street test: F (it's an ergonomic nightmare)

I just don't "get" this bike. It's not fun on the street (I include a reasonable level of comfort in the definition of fun), and I don't live next to a track. I guess 40ish yo engineers aren't the target market

But it comes in all black to make you less visible to the blue hairs/soccer moms. Now just strip off those offendingly bright turn signals to complete the Darth look.

And teens will of course see this as a beginner bike. Sheeesh....
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:55 AM   #8
SRMark
Founding Member

To ride that bike I'd need to be 20 years younger, undo the work of a few knee surgeries and then pull my head out of my arse so I'd have room up there for my heels. Pretty to look at in solid black, but I gotta play somewhere else.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:57 AM   #9
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default You're Pretty Smart.

Don't get me wrong; everytime a new crop of 600s come out, I shake my head in wonder. So, on my part, it's not a case of moto-snobbery.

My deal is, I don't feel comfortable with the vibes, and the torque-rise, and I don't like shifting anymore than is absolutely necessary. I've spent nearly thirty years (on and off) driving vehicles that red-line under 2000 rpm. So, coming on the throttle, over ten-grand, makes me wonder when I'm gonna have engine parts as peircings.

If you're a standard-issue human being, a 600 is probably all you'll ever need. And new one should keep just-about anyone happy, long after the payment book is empty.

On the street, litre bikes are best suited for doing wheelies (that's why stunter love them). But, put 'em in the tight-twisty stuff, and they can become a hand-full-of-Hell quicker than a synapse can open and close.

So, you're pretty smart if you want to tend-to-your-knitting and stick with a 600 for a good-while. That's more than can be said for a lot of riders.

Hayabusas? Hey, what's not to like, about a BULLET TRAIN! You ever clock one out to the stops in the it top-cog, give me a call; I'll gladly send you new underwear

Old 01-28-2005, 04:11 AM   #10
jungkvist
Founding Member

If it were possible to double-score, you'd be getting humorous and insightful from me.

I like the way you think! You Might Need Therapy, but I like it.