Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-29-2005, 03:56 AM   #81
Airfiddler
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Street

They make the Interceptor for us Geezers. Ya can actually ride it for hours on end ,without getting numbbutticius and other common sportbike ailments.
Airfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2005, 03:57 AM   #82
stoney8888
Founding Member

here here

and ad in a KLR650

what bike would I ride to central America? is the neame of the shoot out
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:03 AM   #83
fdavis
Founding Member

Default Re: Second Post

When you are able to get 100% out of your 600 let me know, I think I can start you off on a promising racing career. I bet your 100% is slower than Jason Disalvo's 100% (insert pro of you choice, or fast club racer for that matter if you want).

Not meanig to slam you but, with the exception of very few people, there is ALWAYS someone faster than you.
fdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:06 AM   #84
Airfiddler
Founding Member

Agreed. Extreme sportsbikes are getting like computers. If its on the market, it's already obsolete. This gotta have the latest and greatist thing is gettin outa hand.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:20 AM   #85
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Over-educated Idaho Guy?

So that's like what, Middle School? LOL (sorry, man de' dibble made me say it.)

I agree on the Tiger though, I keep flipping back and forth between the Bonnie and the Tiger. There's a million miles of forrest service roads starting 10 miles from my driveway that a Tiger would be perfect for exploring, But the Bonneville is so ol' school kool it's hard to pass up.......Then I think Dyna Superglides are cool......... Then I look at the new Legacey GT and think a new car would be dope......

Guess I'll probably get a Tiger to keep my Trophy company
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:24 AM   #86
Flickmeister
Registered Member

I'm another old geezer at 58. After owning the "biggest & baddest" liter sportbikes (the latest being an '03 Gixxer Thou') for the past 25+ years, I swapped it for an '04 GSXR600. The 1000 was just too much to have any real fun on the street. I can really thrash the 600 and have a ball. The numbers say the weight difference between the 1000 and 600 is a measly 14 lbs. When it comes to flicking it, the 600 feels more like a 100 pounds lighter. Their really is something to this inertia mass thing. The 600 is definitely the best balanced combination of engine (keeping it screaming is half the fun), handling, and braking I have ever owned. The riding position is very tolerable even for these old bones, plus I have the joy of driving my literbike buddies absolutely whacko in the turns. Long live the little ones.....enjoy the ride. Cheers, Jack

"just an old man riding a little motorcycle"
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:37 AM   #87
Flickmeister
Registered Member

I'm 58 too. Be honest now, most "runs" involve a toilet seat and not being able to tuck in under the windscreen like we used to.
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 06:41 AM   #88
Airfiddler
Founding Member

Default Re: Welll since you asked...

It takes SIX WEEKS to get a hard on ?

and I thought I was a Geezer !
Old 01-29-2005, 07:09 AM   #89
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default It's funny and it's fun...

Mostly, I come her for the laughs. If nobody b!tched, what fun woudl it be. Sure, the Seatle Super-Sonic Super-Dunce gets annoying but from now-on, I intend to ignore him.

I know that while I'm here I'm missing-out on all of the interesting people who are hanging-out at the gym (women whe read Cosmo and men who read GQ) so I can't imagine all of the sparkling-conversations (maxie-pads, hair-coloring, stretch-marks, cellulite, NASCAR, football, NASCAR, baseball, NASCAR, hockey) that I'm not involved in.

Besides, like you said , this is fun.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:18 AM   #90
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: On the contary...

Lets all pool our money and buy KPail a blind/deaf mistress!