Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-28-2005, 01:52 PM   #61
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Welll since you asked...

see a doctor, everybody knows that. DAMMIT I have broken my favorite toy. ATTACK Longride, sic em, boy!!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2005, 02:00 PM   #62
cptaebphd
Founding Member

I thought it was "call your friends and brag"
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #63
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Or find the nearest woman, show her, and she'll do the bragging for you. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #64
cptaebphd
Founding Member

or she'll call the police and you'll be a registered sex offender for the rest of your life...
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #65
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

By the time they wiped the smile off her face so she could testify, there would be ample opportunity to escape. VWW
Old 01-28-2005, 02:13 PM   #66
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default I was wondering about that...

I wasn't sure if you were being ironic or not. I'm sure that some kids are born with the talent to hop on and go like Hell...not me...but somebody.

I realize that if 600s are rode responsibly, they can be great for beginners. Too bad, teenagers aren’t generally responsible (I know I wasn’t’). A four-year-old will take the news that there’s no Santa Claus better than a teenager will receive information about having limits. Honestly, I sometimes think that sport bikes are nothing more than an elegant-collaborator in the process of natural selection (idiots are protected by law, so ya gotta kill ‘em somehow…Christ’s sake, it’s not like they’re an endangered species).

I liked the way Buell did things with the Blast: You buy it, You ride it, You learn the ropes, You bring it back the next year, and they give you all your money back as a trade-in; Great IdeaÂ…but, it didnÂ’t work. Nobody wanted to be the guy riding a B-Last, when their friends were on super sports.

For a long time, I thought it would be a great idea if a manufacturer made only one awesome sport bike frame, and a progressive series of cassette-type engines that could be swapped as the rider progressed. That way, a kid would have mondo control at the beginning – while fooling around with a smaller engine – and better familiarity with the bike as the engines got more powerful (And, somewhere in the back of his mine, he could hear the wry voice of Robert Redford (as the Sundance Kid) saying, "Keep thinkin Butch! That’s what you’re good at!").

Old 01-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #67
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Street

Think about this for a second longride. If idiot boy spends a few more weeks at the gym he will be comfortable on the bike that is best suited for his skills, a YSR 50. VWW
Old 01-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #68
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default I honestly don't dislike you, Kpaul, but...

How can you maintain, while in your thirties, such a predisposition for Black & White thinking? For most, stubbornly adhering to such a childish notion as "Mines is better than your, and I donÂ’t care what you say!" is out-grown when they are in their early twenties. Is this some kind of fantasy schoolyard for you, where you can no longer get beat-up?

While others said you needed therapy, I felt compelled, out of compassion, to hold my tongue. Now, since youÂ’ve been censured, and nearly expelled, and you still refuse to alter your behavior, I also believe that youÂ’re actions are evidence of a more-than-moderate personality disorder. I truly do not like saying any of this to you; but out of conscience, I donÂ’t think I have a choice.

So, please, take a deep breath, get on your bike, ride to the clinic and get help.

Old 01-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #69
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Street

If things ever get stableized in Iraq, it will be interesting to see how the new Iraqi govenment deals with disedents, when the Press and the US are gone. Culturally, I don't believe the people of Iraq tend to as forgiving as we are. So, I'm expecting a quiet blood-bath.

I refues to make a cultural value judgment; they have the tenants of the own cuture, and conscience, to deal with. Still, from my Western point of view, it will be tragic.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #70
roadpilot
Founding Member

Default Re: MO has a demographic problem like Harley.

If you want to tell someone what you think, OK. If you want to tell someone what you do, OK. If you tell us what to think, what to do, & what to ride, well that's just you imposing the insecurities in your head on people who are obviously better off without them. You like RR's? Good for you, enjoy them. Just don't look down on the rest of us because we don't need more horsepower between our legs.
roadpilot is offline   Reply With Quote