Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-28-2005, 08:28 AM   #31
RubberPants
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Street

Looks like the 636 Kwak all the way for power looks comfort and all round fun is the way to go mate!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2005, 08:32 AM   #32
sarnali
Founding Member

And Harley sold more Road Kings than all Kawasaki's combined, which proves what?

Sales numbers alone don't prove anything, a more pertinant number would be how long the new bike purchaser kept the bike, and how many miles he or she put on it. That would show overall satisfaction with the purchase, and could be used to indicate suitability to task

If 600 sportbikes are flying out the door, then being resold in a year or less, that would show the buyer wasn't satisfied with the bike.

In my case I buy bikes with the idea that I'll use them for basic everyday transportation, so for me a 600 supersport has no real value other than an engineering marvel. I'd like to have one for grins, but it wouldn't get as much use as my Trophy or one of the few I've narrowed my next purchase down to.

If all you use a bike for is to zip around the sticks or do track days, then a 600 is right up your ally, if like me and many others you use the bike for daily transportation then they're not the best choice.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #33
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Incredible

"I used to ride my Ninja everyday"

Well that certainly puts your advice in perspective.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:43 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Don't forget. 600s are the safest bikes on the road. That's why the insurance rates are so low. LOL!

Sportbikes are not inherently safer. No evidence exists to support this contention. The old bs about "superior brakes" is pure moonshine. Sportbike brakes are designed to dissipate the heat of constant heavy loading. That doesn't mean the brakes are any safer in a particular emergency.

Sportbikes are a hell of a lot of fun. and I like them a lot. That doesn't mean that I need to see yet another test of the same 4 bikes year after year to the exclusion of other models.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:44 AM   #35
johnnyb
Founding Member

gsx-r750 seems like better option when we are at $8800 level too...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:47 AM   #36
johnnyb
Founding Member

anyhoo might b time to buy if you're going japanese. or Euro or whatever. looks like $ is continuing slide...

Remember when Yamaha 750 with pink trim was like $12K?
Old 01-28-2005, 09:15 AM   #37
Pinkslip
Founding Member

I actually agree with kpaul...

A motorcycle's first priority has never been comfort. And who cares how a GS500 handles?! Suzuki doesn't, why should you?

The Honda S2000 sounds like the vehicle for many MO readers posting on this thread.

I'm young still, but with far worse knee damage than many of you middle-aged people. I do what I can to keep my body in good enough health to ride what I want. As long as you don't commute on one of these, they aren't bad... Just ride it for it's purpose.

Somehow I feel that if this review were of a Duc or Aprilia, you more mature readers wouldn't be making the same complaints of ergo's, etc. Quite frankly, your disinterest in these "torture racks" is due to the fact that you're 20+ years outside of the target demographic (at heart).

Maybe Sean should put more emphasis on the 749 and how Italian it is in the upcoming shootout, to appeal to those MOrons turned off by the youthful image of the CBR600RR.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:34 AM   #38
johnnyb
Founding Member

I commuted a lot on R6 like 100 miles a day in L.A., and it became a favorite. Soften the preload and all that... then again i am short-ass, so...