Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-31-2005, 05:43 AM   #111
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Street

"I didn't think it was necessary to make it clear that the "gym" suggestion was directed at comments referring to the riding position."

Sorry. Reading the comments, it seemed to me that folks were ALSO saying that 600's leave them cold because of, AMONG OTHER THINGS, buzziness and a top-weighted powerband. To which they got some "go to the gym" comments.

"I'll keep that in mind next time, and I'll make sure none of the words I use have more than two syllables (can't be too careful)."

It wasn't the syllables. It was the unclear antecedents. Perhaps YOU were only referring to the riding position, but other "gym rats" seemed to be using "go to the gym" as a reply for everything.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2005, 09:57 AM   #112
fdavis
Founding Member

Default Re: Second Post

So instead of clarifying, you call me retarted? I don't care how old you are, you act like a kid.
fdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:13 PM   #113
MRALLCAPS
Founding Member

Default YOU DA BOMB, BRO!

I DECIDED TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE GSXR1000 BECAUSE I FIGURED I'D MASTER THE 600 TOO FAST. LIKE YOU, I KNOW I HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BEAT MIGUEL DUHAMEL AND JAIME HACKING WITHIN A FEW WEEKZ OF BUYING A 600. I WAS PROBABLY AT 120% OF A 600'Z POTENTIAL, SINCE I WUZ AT 90% OF THE 1000'Z POTENTIAL (USING THE FORMULA .75X+Y/.6=P) , SO THERE WUZ NO REASON TO GET THE SMALLER BIKE.

BUT IF YOU WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THAT, GO AHEAD.
MRALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:18 PM   #114
PoppySTS
Founding Member

Default Re: Second Post

retarted.... haha
PoppySTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:00 AM   #115
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: YOU DA BOMB, BRO!

Finally someone talks some sense in this thread. Good lord - all this braying about comfort and freeway commuting and you can't use this and I can't use that - I thought I was going to fall asleep. 1000ccs... 1000ccs... 1000ccs... 1000ccs.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #116
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: You're Pretty Smart.

On twisties with imperfect pavement I think that 1000cc bikes track better - their added rotational inertia seems to help resist the deflections from bad road surfaces better. They are much more effort to swing from side to side, particularly if you have a low body weight. For us fatties, though, while the difference is noticed, I think that it can be overcome.

It's true that the torque / power delivery can cause problems if you're not disciplined with the throttle, but offsetting that is that you spend much less time shifting and less time thinking about optimal gear selection - unless you're riding with an insanely, dangerously fast crowd, which I certainly usually don't do.

I actually believe that 1000cc bikes are better suited to street riding in most situations - assuming that you have the self-control to not wind up the throttle at inappropriate times.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote