Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-19-2005, 06:37 AM   #21
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Hansen Dam Britbike Rally

That looked like fun. Don't believe the part about "no breakdowns". A new Triumph would fit in... . Braving hoards of Californian Nutcases... I know, redundant.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2005, 07:35 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Wish I'd known about this in advance. I'd have shown up with a big supply of zener diodes and made a killing!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:45 AM   #23
bubblehead
Founding Member

I owned a brand new 1970 Bonnie and ran it up Big Tujunga Canyon many times. What a ride and what a set of memories!
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:12 AM   #24
pdad13
Founding Member

No one has come remotely close to proving the "Global Warming" theory as we know it today. I've heard some groups claim that a half-degree uptick in the average temperature over the last century, as compared to the previous century, "proves" it. Although, since we've only had relatively accurate weather records for the last century, I can't imagine that anyone could realistically call this a trend. I'm sure a half-degree is well within the margin of error.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:28 AM   #25
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

My point was that the Earth probably IS warming. However, it has warmed and cooled for millions of years and a half-degree change in a century is nothing unusual, considering the temperature changes that the earth has gone through over countless millenia.

Global Warming is a FACT (But it is perfectly natural.)
Old 01-19-2005, 08:32 AM   #26
sarnali
Founding Member

If you're going to be rich, you have to do a comb-over like Trump
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:42 AM   #27
SRMark
Founding Member

They didn't know how to keep oil in or the lights on but damn if they didn't know how to hammer out a gas tank. I sure do miss the Brit bikes of old, if only to gaze upon once again.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:31 AM   #28
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Global warming is a well-established trend about which there is little scientific debate. Every major scientific organization involved in geophysics, climatology, meteorology has endorsed the idea that the planet is not only warming but beginning to do so at an increasingly rapid rate. Again, there is almost no argument about this in scientific circles since the data is so prevalent and so easily interpreted.

What there is a great deal of debate about is what the exact causes of global warming are and where the trend is going. It could well be that we are in for short term warming followed by an equally precipitous cooling trend. No one knows.

So pardon me, but to claim that there is no global warming in spite of the abundance of evidence to the contrary reflects a curious lack of either will or ability to see the obvious.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #29
Steve781
Founding Member

Average world temperature during the last ice age was only 6 degrees colder than current era. That half degree counts a lot.
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Hear hear. I'd say that the pre-unit Triumph 650s were arguably the most beautiful motorcycles ever built.