Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #121
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: GPTB membership drive

Interesting too that we "Harley guys" have more sportbikes than Harleys.

But to answer SBP's question-The GPTB is a state of mind-preferably intoxication.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #122
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

And can ride them too.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #123
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

And will this "MO Dirtbike rendezvous" be held in the high desert of Southern California?

If so I will contribute a veritable fleet of vintage and semi-modern dirt bikes to the event.

And a case of beer.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #124
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

If it's a case of La Fin du Monde or Chimay I'm there!
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:28 PM   #125
pdad13
Founding Member

Actually, all you need for membership is to have wanted to ring Kpaul's neck at least once and a nomination by one of the GPTB elders.

Although I respect Elder Seruzawa's opinion, it is certainly not a requirement to dislike race reps/sport bikes. (Especially since most members of the GPTB actually ride some sort of sport bike or naked sport).

You definitely have the right kind of resume. I think you were inducted by default.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:31 PM   #126
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: My bad

Actually, after re-reading Elder Seruzawa's comments, he actually said "anyone who enjoys riding anything other than race reps," not, as I inferred, "anyone who doesn't like riding race reps."

I humbly ask for your forgiveness.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #127
pdad13
Founding Member

Default I don't know how I got in

Seems I really don't have the credentials to be in since I don't qualify for several of these requirements. Although, I did get an exemption of the age and cruiser things. Then again, most of the GPTB doesn't fit Kpaul's characterization.

Jeez, I didn't even vote for Kpaul to leave.

I'm a baaaad (but loyal) GPTB member.

(Besides, who's going to run the NY chapter?)
Old 01-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #128
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Pabst Blue Ribbon, baby! And Maker's Mark
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:35 AM   #129
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Let's clear this up

There seems to be lots of misinformtion as to what it takes to be a GPTB member. Being a Senior Founding Member along with Seruzawa, Sarnali, and Buzz, I will clear up this mess. Here are some posted inaccuracies and my responses:

"Baby Boomer preferred but not required must have an exemption if not"

Wrong! GPTB members must actually own a motorycle, which this poster does not.

"Cruiser Rider preferred but not required must have an exemption if not"

Wrong again! Must actually know how to operate a motorcycle, again a skill this poster is missing.

"Hate KPaul (must vote in MO poll to have him voluntarily leave)"

Wrong! All GPTB members want him to HONOR HIS PROMISE to leave. He lost the vote he asked for, and now won't leave. Typical of a loser, and non GPTB member.

"Hate Squids"

Another falsehood. We hate squidly behavior. Squids make a fine appitizer at many a dinner.

"Have years of riding experience. If not must be in Jr GPTB program"

He finally got one right. Someone that CAN and DOES ride. Actually, if you don't do those things why would you hang out here? Maybe to call people morons, post political nonsense, and follow posters around like a lost schoolgirl?

"Love leather accesories of all kinds"

More like make fun of leather accessories of all kinds. Some people just don't get it.

"Hate full-face helmets"

Don't know where this BS came from . I bet the average GPTB member has more full face helmets than this poster does. I have 3 full face and 2 3/4 helmets. Someone doesn't know what he is talking about. Anyone suprised?

"Hate manadatory helmet laws"

Does this dummy know anybody that loves mandatory helmet laws? Even the most avid wearer would probably concede that keeping the Gov out of personal safety laws is a good thing. So this dummy is against freedom of choice? Typical. No GPTB member is against helmets.

"Love beer (all beer brands consumed must be on the approved GPTB beer standard list"

He forgot Tequila, and of course, all the stuff the other founders love to drink. True GPTB save the drinks until AFTER the ride. But after the ride, look out! Things could get ugly!

"Post on MO daily"

NONE of our members posts every day. There are many day where I post nothing. Yesterday was an example. Now I know ONE poster that posts nonsense on every thread, to everybody, every day. That would be the same guy that lost the vote, broke his promise and refused to leave. Anybody know who that would be?

"Must pass Sean Alexander rider test, burrito eating, and beer drinking contest"

Good contest, but not a requirement. More like a guideline. Besides, if we had to out-consume Sean, he would be the only member standing.

"Wish KPaul would stop typing"

Now he finally got one that would be the centerpoint of a good GPTB member, and why SportBike Pilot is a member in good standing and moving up the ladder quickly. So, by our standards, that makes pretty much everyone eligible to be GPTB members. There is one poster in particular who will never make the grade. He's the guy that lies about everyone, and knows pretty much everything, on every subject. He won't leave, even though he said he would, so we can see how much class he has. He slowed down for a short while, but I predict he will be back to his old self in no time. He couldn't stand when he was not posting and nobody cared. The board is better and more fun without his presence. Hopefully, he figured out that the GPTB is everyone but HIM.

Old 01-15-2005, 03:23 AM   #130
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Good God!!!

He's gone Metro on us...What the hell is "La Fin du Monde" or "Chimay"

I didn't see anything about nancy-boy-froggy-plonk in the GPTB guidelines....

See what riding Italian bikes does for you
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote