Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #51
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Geography

Whoa there, you're confusing your polygamist territories with your malitia territories. We're all planning for the Apocalypse up here. Hilda is too busy shootiing commies and atheists to shovel the driveway. I'll have to recruit the local Hitler youth for that.

- sbp

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2005, 11:19 AM   #52
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Concours & Interceptor

I think you're right about the looks. It's a pretty bike. It could be considered slightly overdone by some, but it's still fine looking. I also think the '90-'93 VFRs were also handsome. Unfortuntely, the results of the Honda styling department aren't always quite so pleasing.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 11:35 AM   #53
jkofsky
Founding Member

I basically agree. Dropping my prejudices, I'd say that those wheels really don't look significantly less attractive than the 5-spoke Marchesini "bling" on my Duc.
jkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 01:21 PM   #55
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Sacrfice:

Not as far as I know. I think that Vroomnu (like it) has blessed all VFR's with goodness, 700's on up. I don't think anyone says that VTEC makes the VFR bad, but more than one have thought it's not as good as more displacement would be, more than one have thought it's not as good as it was.

It may be sacrilege but I think Honda should come out with a 1100+ cc VFR (thinking V65 Sabre/Magna engine +++). I think that styling-wise there're going away from what worked for me, in the eye of the beholder and all... I know that Honda thinks that they are smart enough to tell us what we want and of course we only get what they "allow". Honda would go a long way toward proving it's Omniscience with me when they figure out how to make the VFR's electrical system as good as say... a Harley's.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 01:31 PM   #56
Founding Member

My boss has Connie that he rides, after 15 years of not, like a banshee. He throws it around ssss's and hammers the straights. He scares me. He's 50+ and 240#.

I bought a bike the same week - 97 Magna (V-4) and was scared witless at its acceleration. Smoooth. Then I tried a 250 Ninja - after a month, got a '02 Interceptor. Less scared - starting to smile, more & more, buying leathers, Checa helmets, race boots. Transformation !!! Interceptor Did it !!

BTW: I'm 61+ - hadn't ridden in 35 years. Maybe the soccer that I recently started playing is also helping.

Happy New Year for sure.
1194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 01:44 PM   #57
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Aerodynamics!

Martin, I hope you are not implying that my physique is anything less than svelte!
Old 01-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #58
RonXX
Founding Member

I think that there were a few too many words in italics and "quotes".

What ever happened to completing that Middleweight comparison test of several months back? There must not be a single SV650 available in California to use.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #59
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Aerodynamics!

I would never even hint at such a thing since I do not want you coming out here next summer to crush my spleen or anything. I was merely noting that aerodynamic drag does increase with surface area. And the last time I checked you protruded well above most motorcycle windscreens.

Seriously - I've watched other real tall guys, Curtis Adams comes immediately to mind, use drag to their advantage when they popped up out of the bubble by slowing down without touching the brakes (and changing the chassis geometry).

- martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #60
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Mini Comparo: Concours vs. Interceptor

I also own an Intruder 1400, and used to own a Connours. The Concours is poised perfectly for the bargain shopper. The negative remarks form ezines and other sources just helps keep the Concours price down. That's great because most of the negative issues are easy to take care of, once you find out about COG. That brings about another plus. Nowdays with the inet, a great site with support for a bike is a real asset which is hard to measure. I have been through many owners clubs for MC and I got to say COG is way better than any I have been to. There is virtually nothing you can think of that someone there has not already covered. Got an idea? Throw it out there and many will come back and if there is a better way you will usually find out quick.