Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-01-2005, 08:35 AM   #41
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Mini Comparo: Concours vs. Interceptor

Everyone knows that older VFR800s are one of the three divine avatars of the great Motorcycle God Vroomnu.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #42
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: My .02

That's one thing Harleys got the market cornered on. Up here Harley shops are common as fleas on a dog.

If all bikes were the same price I'd still ride a Triumph, once you've found the best what's the use of wasting precious riding time on jonny-come-latelys like Harley or Moto-Guzzi?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:39 AM   #43
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: To be fair...

Have one of your wives shovel the drive for you, cricket.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:42 AM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

Aren't you supposed to be working or something?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:43 AM   #45
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Aerodynamics!

If mscuddy would give me back my MX Action magazine and get to work the Cats might be able to launch him.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #46
sarnali
Founding Member

They're paying me so I must be doing something.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:03 AM   #47
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Sacrfice:

Does that mean I hafta toss my 1990 vfr into a volcano?
Old 01-01-2005, 09:34 AM   #48
jungkvist
Founding Member

I have to agree with you. I think the FZ-1 is the top big naked bike, so it would be closer to apples and apples comparing it to the VFR, rather than apples and radishes with the with the Buell.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:50 AM   #49
kowalke67
Founding Member

I guess for the Concours if you just can't go higher than around 8 g's for a new bike then the argument is done for owning a new one. But what if you can go around $9000? Wouldn't you want a V-Strom DL1000 in your garage? Go buy a year old V-Strom if you can find one instead of a new Concours and you're probably looking at something close to even money even after buying bags for the V-Strom.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:14 AM   #50
torrnado
Founding Member

Default Re: Concours & Interceptor

i'll agree with everything you said about the bike, but it's definitely not ugly! i'll also concede that i'm partial to the vfr because i own one (and have put on 17,600 miles since april 15, 2004), but to proclaim that the vfr is ugly is ridiculous given the comparison to the connie. it's got gorgeous lines and the best looking a$$ end on any bike out there. it was the first bike i didn't have to saw off hideous stalk-mounted blinkers!

i regularly let friends ride my bike and they all walk away impressed. two of my friends bought asphalt black '04's after riding mine. when necessary, i can usually keep up with the big boys in the curves and fade only slightly on the straight-aways which leads me to the bike's flaws.

i would give up the vtec wizardry for 200 more cc's of displacement and power. given many who buy the bike for touring, having loaded hard bags and a 125-150lb pillion makes for an under-powered ride and i don't like pushing my bike that hard. the vtec makes it ridiculouly expensive to have the valves adjusted and the power increase isn't stunning enough to justify the engineering/production costs. also, the vtec kick, when in a hairpin, can be a bit unnerving to an inexperienced rider (i think it gives it 'character'). i have also experienced a stalling problem that so far has been very infrequent, but nonetheless annoying. it happens about once or twice a month.

i bought the hard bags and i can tell you that they are awesome! rock solid well north of 100 mph and they come color-matched to the bike.
torrnado is offline   Reply With Quote