Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #111
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Concours & Interceptor

Since we can do the soft saddlebags, why not the Datyona 955i? The main things (only things) I didn't like about the Sprint ST was that it didn't have the Daytona's redline or top end power. A Sprint ST with a Daytona's spec engine would be tough to beat as a Sport- tourer IMHO (Hmmm...). The Sprint ST is Really good as is IMHO.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2005, 08:04 AM   #112
johnnyb
Founding Member

Concours is great old guy's bike. For when you reach that age where you don't really give a rat's ass how you look cause you know you're not getting laid ever again anyway. Shrivelled ass likes the seat, barely functioining extremities like the vibration as it stimulates circulation and regularity. Plymouth Volare wagon of motorcycle world.

PS my mechanic pal at dealer says if he had VFR he would never bother to have valves adjusted. he's done a shedload of them and never seen a valve out of spec yet.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:07 AM   #113
GS1100GK
Founding Member

Default Re: Mini Comparo: Concours vs. Interceptor

No. I'm not saying replace the Connie as one of the trinity at all. I really do love the thing and to me was always the standard to measure other sport tourers by. I was set on buying another until I rode the ZZR. The difference between the Connie and ZZR is like between a Ford Crown Victoria and a Ferrari (you pick which model, doesn't matter).

One thing about the ZZR, it is definitely the Rodney Dangerfield with the Moto Press. It get's no respect at all even though it out performs all of them in every way. Go figure.

GS1100GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:11 AM   #114
GS1100GK
Founding Member

schizuki, I would agree that Kawi missed the mark with the ZZR. However, I think the ZZR surpasses all the other sport tourers (yamaha, honda, bmw) in regards to performance. Now, if they only put the ZZR motor in an updated Connie frame with shaft drive.....

Now that would be a killer sport tourer.

GS1100GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #115
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

If one wishes to spend enough money one can polish the greatest turd of a motorcycle to a high gloss sheen as evidenced, to name but one example, by the large number of Honda Ascots prowling the ranks of club racing. That isn't the point in a review of any OEM. Neither is pleasing the howling ranks of the web community for a particular bike.

The oldest reviewer in this comparo was born during the Eisenhower administration, was flogging bikes during the Johnson adminsitration and can still easily cram himself into an FZR400 with racing rearsets and clip ons during the Bush II admin. And in his opinion the Connie is the only bike in the world that makes him want to push it off a cliff whenever he's standing on top of one.

- sbp

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #116
seruzawa
The Toad

Stop sugarcoating it!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #117
rpt
Registered Member

Having owned a '97 VFR 750 (sold with 100.000 km and faultless) and now a '00 800 Fi, I must agree that they are the best "all-round" street bike.

As for the new VTEC, they are so expensive, even in Europe.

The thing with VFRs is that they are "cash in hand" value.

My 750 was in the showroom for 3 days and it was sold for Angola for 7500 € .

The guy wanted a "bullet proof" bike without the electronics....

I haven't tried the vtec yet, but I don't think that will be better that my 800 Fi. Not without that sweet melody from the gear valve train...

ok, ABS and a liter engine will make me think of trading..
rpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #118
bboule
Founding Member

You should have saved yourself a thousand words and just said you hate Honda.
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #119
johnnyb
Founding Member

and hoo is riding Honda in that one profile shot? make sean look like organ grinder monkey. more than usual i mean. where is everybody? me and Kpaul banned? O well...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #120
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

That would be me riding the Honda in the profile shot JB. Nobody is banned from here that I know, and we certainly wouldn't want you to go JB.