Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-02-2005, 06:30 PM   #101
tomhorn
Registered Member

Default Re: Concours & Interceptor

There's clearly nothing wrong with the VFR... that can't be fixed by buying a Triumph Sprint ST.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2005, 06:53 PM   #102
tomk2
Founding Member

The thought of a beige 700 lb moto with a 150/16 rear tire "carving up twisties" puts a smile on my face!

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:42 AM   #103
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I always thought Honda found it's "sweet spot" with the Red 90's 750-800 VFR's, looks-wise and otherwise. I still think the Daytona 955i (in Red of course) is more of a Sport-tourer, for me, than a 800cc or less VFR will ever be, looks-wise and otherwise. If Truimph wasn't coming out with a 1050 Daytona that MIGHT be better than the 955i...
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:31 AM   #104
SRMark
Founding Member

Take the $8,300 that you would spend on a new Connie and buy a real good used ST1100. No trouble with vibration, the brakes are decent, the seat only sucks a little bit, as does the windshield, the build quality is a few notches above the Connie, the range is about the same, it handles well, and the list goes on. For that matter, take $4,500 and buy a ten year old ST. Then, if you still have to have a Kawasaki dinosaur, take the remaining $3,800 and buy a nearly new KLR650. The killerÂ’s brakes suck too, but the seat is okish, the range is kinda great, it handles paved roads better than you think it possibly could, goes off road better than it should and is as reliable as a rock, except for the radiator fan switch, which just had to be made by Lucas. Now you have two reliable bikes for the price on one cheap new one and can now tour the world.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:45 AM   #105
SRMark
Founding Member

Nothing wrong with a good tweener. (I am secure enough in my masculinity to make such a statement). Us old farts, can find happiness in an Interceptor and still cling to the illusion that we are fast. We just won't have to spend good tire money on a chiropractor like we would if we tried to ride a super-sport. Now, if Honda would just dish out the rear of the tank to accommodate my ever- expanding belly, and bring up the bars a bit and drop the pegs a wee bit more, and stick that V-tech up their arse, cause I ain't gonna pay a half-assed mechanic a million dollars to phuck up that complex valve train... Hey, I don't want one now.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:16 AM   #106
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, heck, if you want a dinosaur find yourself an old Suzuki GSX1100G. I've still got my old shaftie that we use for two up touring and Interstate commuting. I go riding with a friend who has an ST1100 on occasion and my old boat anchor of a Suzuki simply whacks that slow pig ST1100 with ease. 20 more hp and 130 fewer pounds. Paid $2800 with only 6K on the clock.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:03 AM   #107
Fenton
Founding Member

That 955i is around $8500 for a new '04, heck of a deal. I am only happy with what I have when I'm on it.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:10 AM   #108
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Mini Comparo: Concours vs. Interceptor

That's a cool looking bike. I personnaly don't see the appeal of Barquo-lounger cruisers when you can ride a streetfighter like that, and that's a pretty tame version.

Next to my Triumph, the Bandit was the funnest bike I've owned and one of the few I wish I still had. Nothing fancy, just a big air/oil cooled I-4, frame and wheels. I'll probably get another one, one of these days because they are so in tune with my riding style.

In fact my Trophy is very similar in power/performance, just better weather protection and bags.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:30 AM   #109
sarnali
Founding Member

Those changes put you right smack on a 919,

'cept for the belly bit, you just have to keep your coat zipped up
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:33 AM   #110
Zedex7R
Registered Member

I didn't have time to read all the feedback but...did anybody else notice that the Cortech bags on the VFR were on bass ackwards?

Just wondering....

I love the new VFR but my uncle rides a Connie and he loves it.

Just my .02.....
Zedex7R is offline   Reply With Quote