Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-29-2004, 08:56 AM   #41
TEvo
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 Ducati 999

Interesting concept and it would be more convenient for trackday riders.

Unfortunately, I think the market is too small to justify the expense. I would think it might take quite the race resume and/or connection and/or money to score a 999RS.

Even RoadRacing World seems to to do their own conversion for their project racers.

For us mere mortal trackday folks... I think we'll still be stuck with having to go about tearing out lights, signals, mirrors, plastics to get them prepped.

Look at it this way... someone has to keep eBay stocked with pristine OEM parts. The squids who crash and burn `em just crank out damaged stuff. :P
`00 SV65
TEvo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2004, 09:10 AM   #42
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Thats my thought. I'm not competing in any racing series, I just like to do the ocasional track day with my beat up bike. I'd like to get a new one but don't have the time or inclination to rip everything out, replace all the bodywork, safety tie etc..

I know the track day guys are fine with taped headlights and removed turn signals, but I'm not.

I know it would probable cost more for the race ready bike from a dealer than a street ready bike (insurance being the top reason), but they could sell them with all the race mods done (pipes, filters, brakes, etc.) and probable move a few hundred a year. Not the bigest market in the world but an underserved market.

Maybe Yosh or one of the other race part manufacturers could start selling custom ordered bikes like this?
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:24 AM   #43
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: It's that marriage thing

Yeah, when your runnin and duckin away from her, at least you'd be on a fast bike.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:35 AM   #44
TEvo
Registered Member

I think there is a small aftermarket for this... there are a few tuning/performance shops that are offering services above and beyond the ubiquitous PC tuning/rejet & dyno.

http://4and6.com/index3.htm

Because there probably isn't much economy of scale... I'm sure it can get pretty expensive.
`00 SV65
TEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #45
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default New Toaster Oven

Well, I gotta admit, it looks a lot less like a Proctor Silex toaster, this year; and IS THAT A CANDY-APPLE-RED PAINT JOB?

Hey, if nothing else, Ducati knows how to use emotions to overcome any price-point objections. CanÂ’t say IÂ’d ever buy one. But God help me, if Yossef were the salesman; IÂ’d be riding away wearing a barrel, and a tin-pot for a helmet.

Great Read,

Kevin

Old 12-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #46
jungkvist
Founding Member

Yeah, and, though the MulitiStrada might cover all the bases, you'd be riding on something that looks like a wringer washer...But you'd save some garage space.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:57 AM   #47
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: Killer dinette set

don't be fooled by the 50mpg of volkswagen diesels. The total cost of ownership is much higher than in a typical gas econobox. ($100.00 oil changes, etc.) Plus there's the 3-4000 dollar premium you pay for the diesel motor. I nicely dressed Corolla is equally frugal on fuel and will cost you half as much to own.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:00 AM   #48
busa99999
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Ducati 999 - And sporting twins in general

Cannondales, and Indians are going real cheap too. Ducati as a company will be around for a long time. Aprilla?
busa99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:01 AM   #49
busa99999
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Ducati 999 - And sporting twins in general

Cannondales, and Indians are going real cheap too. Ducati as a company will be around for a long time. Aprilla?
busa99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:04 AM   #50
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default sure, it's a great bike, but ....

lop of 60 or so horsepower, lose the fairing, add a neanderthal valvetrain, and you'd have a buell. and as we've all learned recently, buells just can't be beat.

when will ducati ever learn?
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote