Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-24-2004, 09:54 PM   #31
Kirby
Founding Member

Default Re: Alpinestars Roadracing Gear

Heck with the riding suit....tell me about the

three wheeled bar stool!

Kurbster

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #32
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Off topic News 200 mph Speeder finally pleads..

You know... you have to be logged-in to moderate (Vote in Polls too) and it seems that KPaul is up to his old tricks again. You are about to get banned. -Sean
Old 12-25-2004, 04:08 PM   #33
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Merry Christmas Y'all

Hope y'all have a great Christmas Season. God Bless.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:35 AM   #34
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: If anyone should get the Joe Rocket gear

Thank you Professor. I really enjoyed JR's article. Cute kid!!!

Happy Holidays to you and JR.

Bobby
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 08:16 AM   #35
Nplateau
Founding Member

Why do you think I left? It's not because I didn't want to be a part of MO, but because I was hurt. It was your actions, the person who I looked to for leadership, that hurt me.

On the one hand you told me, "so ff[sic] you can get the Alpinestars for me, you can have the Joe Rockets for yourself," but then when you got back on Thursday after the ZX6R shootout in Spain, you told me that the the leathers are too valuable an asset to MO and that I can wear them but I can't keep them and if I leave MO the leathers stay. Which, I'm sure I don't need to define for you, but is a very different thing than "you can have the Joe Rockets for yourself."

That sure as hell sounds like a reneg to me.

Man, I was so hurt by that, I just couldn't stay in the office another second longer, and that's why I left early that Thursday.

But I tried to put a brave face on and deal with it, and I came back to work on Friday, (first one in to the office as usual). Then you decided to just go ahead and break my heart again.

The thing that sealed my leaving, is your condescension towards me on Friday, and the way you belittled me and my work and effort at MO. When I first started at MO, you told me yourself that MO "doesn't even appear on Alpinestars' radar." Yet through my ability to build a relationship with the good people at Alpinestars, you now have over $2000 worth of free gear from them, something you were not able to accomplish yourself. That Friday, you told me that what I did wasn't really that important to MO. Can you even begin to understand how little and unappreciated that made me feel?

I am a better writer and copy-editor than you are, but you laid it out for me that I really wouldn't get much of a chance to do either. You micromanage everything, and that left me with the impression that there really was no room for me at MO, and your attitude towards me was that you really didn't need me around and that what I could do you didn't appreciate.

I don't mean to drag him into this, but since he's the only other person who saw it on a daily basis, even Fonzie noticed that you are condescending towards me and that you treat me differently (worse) than you treat other people.

Now you tell me, why would I want to be where I'm not wanted or at the very least appreciated? Why would I want to be somewhere I would constantly have to second guess the veracity of the what I am told?

If I didn't care as much as I do, I wouldn't have the hard feelings towards you that I have. I left because of you Sean. I'm sure you really don't care. But I love MO, I miss Fonzie a whole bunch, and it kills me that it had to end the way it did.

I can go on and write a thesis about the problems I have with you, but what good would it accomplish? You don't give a rat's arse, and I do, so really I'm the only loser here.

Say what you will Sean, but at the very least I hope you understand that you alienated a pretty good guy.

Old 12-26-2004, 08:19 AM   #36
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: We want the ZRX!!!

LMAO!!! Thanks for the laugh, buddy, I really needed it.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:20 AM   #37
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Bobby done good

Thanks! It's good to know someone appreciates it.

- Bobby
Old 12-26-2004, 08:32 AM   #38
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Bobby,

I sincerely apologize (again) for anything that I have done as your manager that made you feel undervalued. However, I will not discuss your role, or other factors that defined your pefformance and position at MO in a public forum, other than to say that your time at MO was exactly as Fonzie and I described to you when we interviewed you for the intern position.

As for the disposition of MO Leathers, I did tell you that the Joe Rockets would be "your" leathers once the Alpinestars arrived. They would have been, in the same way that [/i]ALL[/i] of those other leathers hanging in the garage were assigned to other staffers and were considered "theirs" until they left MO (most of them before I even worked here). MO has never allowed former staffers to take sets of leathers with them when they left. When I leave Mo, the Joe Rockets and Alpinestars will still be hanging in the garage with all the other former staff leathers. If my telling you that the Joe Rockets would be yours "while you were at MO" caused you to feel hurt or betrayed, I apologize that I wasn't clear enough with why that was. -Sean
Old 12-26-2004, 08:52 AM   #39
Nplateau
Founding Member

Sean,

The misunderstanding was mine as well, then, as I believed that since you were to have your name custom stitched on the Alpinestars I believed you intended to keep them.

My sincerest apologies.

Bobby
Old 12-26-2004, 09:22 AM   #40
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Mine will join the "Hale" and "Plummer" and "Burns" leathers when I leave.