Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-21-2004, 06:48 PM   #1
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I

Yeah me, first!

Now if I only had something worth while too say...

Go Buell!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2004, 06:57 PM   #2
GreyOne
Registered Member

Great read. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
GreyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Sorry, had to go to the chow hall before I could finish reading...

Awesome article and feedback. This is why I love MO more the rags I subscribe to. The different viewpoints/ personalities give a real expansive breakdown (then get tempered by a 'professional's' comments) makes for a real comprehensive review. Can't wait for the next installment, and more reviews like this!!
Old 12-21-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
Elric42
Registered Member

OK, great story, and I am looking forward to hearing about the new Speed Triple. That looks like it will be a great bike. And, we all know that the FZ-1 is also great bike.

But, you guys are leaving out the ZRX 1200 and the Z1000. I know the ZRX isn't the newest bike, but that is one serious streetfighter. And the Z1000? New, fast and USD forks? MO, please don't mislead us, give us a range of 'Fighters. Heck, I'd even ;love to see a TnT in the mix.
Elric42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 12:10 AM   #7
designeraccd
Founding Member

Goodarticle/test. As an Industrial Designer I find the Buell to be one of the freshest, most attractive designs on the street today. Fresh and creative all the way through plus very good handling and adequate power....now if the one I test rode last year had only run ALL the way back to the dealer (Ikes in Kenosha, WI). It died and would not restart about a 1/4 mile from the dealership, so I pushed it back. I asked them to e-mail or call me when they figured out the problem...they never did.

I'm glad my local dealer that I keep buying Sporty's from (currently a modified '04 1200R)isn't like that, Gerencers is very customer oriented.

It will be interesting to see your thoughts on the Buell vs a Fizzy1...apples and potatoes???? DFO
Old 12-22-2004, 01:30 AM   #8
gentlemanjon
Registered Member

As a Buelligan, I was delighted that two out of three of your testers loved our little beastie. If I could make a suggestion or two for the continuance of your test, it would be this.

1. Fit the race kit to the buell, as the Tuna was equiped. NO BODY actually rides a stock Buell. I can be done of course, but the race kit should be considered as standard fitting, absent only because of somewhat silly gov't regs. The race kit isn't loud, you need a Drummer for that.

2. The larger Streetfighter,like George, ( I am 6-2/210) really needs to adjust the supension to suit. It only takes about 5 minutes, and the info is in the owners manual. Buells are more sensitive to set up than most other bikes because of their radical geometry

3. NO BODY actually rides the bike on the stock tires. They are meant only to unload the bike, and ride it back to the dealers for the race kit after the 1000 mile break in. You want to fit Metzler M-1, Pirelli's or, as I have, Michelin Pilot Powers.

I just mention this, because you guys want to be looking your best when you take on the new Speed Nipple!!

Keep up the good work!
gentlemanjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 01:37 AM   #9
HNH750
Founding Member

Naked is the only way to go , to bad the new Triumph Speed Triple was not available.
HNH750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:11 AM   #10
blitz
Founding Member

Wow. Beyond the review, you captured the essence of motorcycling. It's supposed to be FUN. This was a FUN read about a bunch of guys having a few FUN days riding FUN bikes. My guess is that if you were on a CL350, an X-6 Hustler, and a Kawasaki H1, you'd still have FUN.

The Cowgirls were an added bonus. They looked FUN, too.

Maybe we can get past all of this ranting political BS instigated by Kpaul, and actually get MO back to being FUN. This article alone will get my $11.94 for next year.

Thanks. Great job.

blitz is offline   Reply With Quote