Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-22-2004, 01:45 PM   #81
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I

You, my large and entertaining bro, should know better than anyone what a tough crowd MO is. You may take solace in the fact that unless you are KPaul, however, that a raft of $hit is a sign of comraderie and respect. Back of the bus rules!!

Besides exactly who is the elder here?????

seeyaman
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2004, 01:45 PM   #82
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Speed 3

I have a 02 ZRX1200 and 02 Futura. It is a sickness. I should shut-up and ride. But, I have visions of a "better" bike in my future. How does the SV stack up with the VTR? I can't seem to find a direct comparo.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 01:45 PM   #83
Fenton
Founding Member

I have a 02 ZRX1200 and 02 Futura. It is a sickness. I should shut-up and ride. But, I have visions of a "better" bike in my future. How does the SV stack up with the VTR? I can't seem to find a direct comparo.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:18 PM   #84
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Just A Suggestion...

No two way about it! The way everyone's always b!tching about mirrors, the next time you guys do a Naked Shootout, you gotta get some Napoleon bar-end mirrors (the kind that twist-up over your hands).

I had a pair on an SV, and I was amazed at how good they worked.

Sure, theyÂ’re toast if ya go down, but IÂ’d hope that most guys donÂ’t wreck enough to worry about it.

Besides, IÂ’d rather pay for a mirror after a low-side, than get clipped by a car from behind.

Just a suggestion...

Old 12-22-2004, 02:25 PM   #85
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Didn't know you were Sean's famous bro. I HEARD about you, but didn't get the chance to meet. These guys were rough on me and cut me no slack. Martin, as you know, is the worst of the crew.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:29 PM   #86
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Harley has the same motto as the Chicago FD. "100 years of tradition unimpeded by progress." Now THOSE are words to live by!
Old 12-22-2004, 02:41 PM   #87
ewok1
Founding Member

I agree with the illness remark. But there is no magic carpet. I don't know how the VTR compares to the SV. But i can tell you what i think the SV is like. I won't ride a Honda. Don't conclude anything from that except that i don't like the company. It's probably the only thing I have in common with Valentino Rossi, except a love of motorcycles.

The SV in either form is a great bike street bike. The 650 is plenty of bike for the street, but it doesn't sound as good. They both need at least a gsxr shock in the rear, i go with the penske, but my wife is happy with the gixxer shock. Then have a good suspension guy do the front and I can't think of a better street bike. i have some experience with your priller and I can't fault the choice. I liked it. Same with the zrx, hard to criticize a bike that just hauls ass, even if its only in a straight line.

The SV is softer and easier to ride than a race rep 600 or liter inline 4. Its comfortable enough to tour and it handles better than either of your current bikes at street speeds. The stock suspension is so bad at race pace that I didn't even know how to adjust it. It had, as Colin Edwards said about the cube, SARS, ***** ain't right syndrome.

I love the motor. i prefer twins anyway for the street and the tl1000 motor is just sweet. Much smoother than the aprilia mill imo.

So you have some frame of reference, these are my bikes. I have a KTM 950 and the SV for street riding. i race a couple of 2 valve ducs in wmrra. One is sort of a monster 750 the other was and still more or less is, a 900ss.

I am always happy on the SV. riding around town or from Idaho to Monterey. And it was cheap.

Buy what you want and ride it till you fancy a change.

ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:54 PM   #88
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: ...can't handle pink? Well, yes and no...

Ya know (and, this is no way meant to be a reflection on you) if I woman road up, on an S-Trip that was painted that color, IÂ’d probably get sweaty palms. But, I donÂ’t think IÂ’d like riding around on a pink bike, myself. Though, I wouldnÂ’t really care if someone mistook me for being Gay, I would feel silly riding around on something that looked like a high-velocity Popsicle.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:25 PM   #89
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Sean, please put the race kit on!

Race kit, race kit, rade kit!!!

The bike will go from sounding like a bad Briggs and Stratton lawnmower to a really sweet street fighter V-Twin!!!

Not to mention the fact when correctly installed the backfire problem through the intake when cracking the throttle goes away!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:39 PM   #90
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Thanks MO!!!

I look forward to part 2...
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote