Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-22-2004, 07:42 AM   #51
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Pillion?

The FZ-1 will probably be the only Street Fighter anyone would want to sit Pillion on.

Still, ain't no of 'em gonna be a Gold Wing.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2004, 07:56 AM   #52
Jonniedee
Founding Member

Default Re: Great review but......

January BIKE mag from the UK ran that test and chose the TNT....
Jonniedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:57 AM   #53
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Shootout II for the Crowd

Sean, I have an idea here. You have 3 bikes lined up for the Naked Shootout II, and people wanting the ZRX 1200 included since it won MO's poll. Now if you added that 4th bike would mean a 4th rider is needed......uh huh.....yep.....ummmm.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:01 AM   #54
Wambo
Founding Member

Default Re: The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I

Just a wonderful review of bikes that are just pure fun-Why some of us got into riding. I wished I could have ridden These bikes just for a few minutes each! I have ridden the Buell (it just makes me smile ) but the others would be great fun to get to know. I can't wait for part 2!! I hope there will be a way to include a Ducati Monster in the test, along with the Truimph and Yamaha. I have a feeling I may end up getting divorced by buying a third bike after reading it's outcome! It really is a disease, you know...

Keep up the good work guys!!!!
Wambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:09 AM   #55
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Minimally, the same tired arguments are at least about motorcycles. Arguing about political stances might be a hot topic on other forums, but here it just takes up space.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:15 AM   #56
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: Nice job

It is probably just the sheer intoxication of the sights and smells. But my wife and i kept saying, if we could just get to mulholland drive for a short blast our winter would be better. magruder looks pretty daunting. i'm ready to be duanted.

Also consider some kind of mccall to sun valley ride. we love that one. has about the most of everything in idaho. my wife is my main riding buddy and she just loves going to the surreal surrounds of ketchum.

i'm struggling over my race schedule to make time for touring. wmrra starts the 1st weekend of april and goes until mid october. last season was really intense and i had a dramtic, painful and expensive crash. my first bad one. i need to figure out if i can really just race a little. my wife wants to tour more. so do i. like bruce ****burn sings, I've never had balance, but I've always liked the notion. Any advice or perspective you have would be appreciated. is it possible to race just a little? up to now i considered it to be like, sorta pregnant.

keep your stick on the ice. i hope we meet and ride.

ewk
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:16 AM   #57
tomk2
Founding Member

Best_Review_Yet.... and worth the wait

kudos on your open minded non-squidly approach, can't wait for round two

P.S. You should ask Buell for a CityX for round two. IMO for average-to-large riders the ergos are better and handling is a full step above the 12S

if that idea doesn't compute at least swap out for the higher CityX seat, the big-arse yetis will thank you. Shorties can also swap out for the lower "cg" seat.

We're not all the same size and it will be a cool thing when some motorcycle manufacturer goes all the way with this and offers new bikes with a range of seat, bar and peg positions right on the showroom floor.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:21 AM   #58
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Arrrgggggg!

Buzz, you're always rubbing salt inthe wound. First, by mentioning it was 68 out there when it's 15 here. Second, by telling us about all the cool bikes you get to ride. I swear I'm bringing a snowball from here, and I'm gonna stuff it in your shirt! LOL Did you like the ZX12? I always wanted to try one.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:44 AM   #59
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

go ***** your mother.

Yours, mine whats the difference?
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:03 AM   #60
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: Arrrgggggg!

You have my permission to get one. It's just completely insane. Nothing on two wheels should go that fast.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote