Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   MO Reader Feedback (
-   -   The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I (

jungkvist 12-22-2004 07:42 AM

The FZ-1 will probably be the only Street Fighter anyone would want to sit Pillion on.

Still, ain't no of 'em gonna be a Gold Wing.

Jonniedee 12-22-2004 07:56 AM

Re: Great review but......
January BIKE mag from the UK ran that test and chose the TNT....

longride 12-22-2004 07:57 AM

Shootout II for the Crowd
Sean, I have an idea here. You have 3 bikes lined up for the Naked Shootout II, and people wanting the ZRX 1200 included since it won MO's poll. Now if you added that 4th bike would mean a 4th rider is needed......uh huh.....yep.....ummmm.

Wambo 12-22-2004 08:01 AM

Re: The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I
Just a wonderful review of bikes that are just pure fun-Why some of us got into riding. I wished I could have ridden These bikes just for a few minutes each! I have ridden the Buell (it just makes me smile ;) ) but the others would be great fun to get to know. I can't wait for part 2!! I hope there will be a way to include a Ducati Monster in the test, along with the Truimph and Yamaha. I have a feeling I may end up getting divorced by buying a third bike after reading it's outcome! It really is a disease, you know...

Keep up the good work guys!!!!

longride 12-22-2004 08:09 AM

Minimally, the same tired arguments are at least about motorcycles. Arguing about political stances might be a hot topic on other forums, but here it just takes up space.

ewok1 12-22-2004 08:15 AM

Re: Nice job
It is probably just the sheer intoxication of the sights and smells. But my wife and i kept saying, if we could just get to mulholland drive for a short blast our winter would be better. magruder looks pretty daunting. i'm ready to be duanted.

Also consider some kind of mccall to sun valley ride. we love that one. has about the most of everything in idaho. my wife is my main riding buddy and she just loves going to the surreal surrounds of ketchum.

i'm struggling over my race schedule to make time for touring. wmrra starts the 1st weekend of april and goes until mid october. last season was really intense and i had a dramtic, painful and expensive crash. my first bad one. i need to figure out if i can really just race a little. my wife wants to tour more. so do i. like bruce ****burn sings, I've never had balance, but I've always liked the notion. Any advice or perspective you have would be appreciated. is it possible to race just a little? up to now i considered it to be like, sorta pregnant.

keep your stick on the ice. i hope we meet and ride.

tomk2 12-22-2004 08:16 AM

Best_Review_Yet.... and worth the wait

kudos on your open minded non-squidly approach, can't wait for round two

P.S. You should ask Buell for a CityX for round two. IMO for average-to-large riders the ergos are better and handling is a full step above the 12S

if that idea doesn't compute at least swap out for the higher CityX seat, the big-arse yetis will thank you. Shorties can also swap out for the lower "cg" seat.

We're not all the same size and it will be a cool thing when some motorcycle manufacturer goes all the way with this and offers new bikes with a range of seat, bar and peg positions right on the showroom floor.

longride 12-22-2004 08:21 AM

Buzz, you're always rubbing salt inthe wound. First, by mentioning it was 68 out there when it's 15 here. Second, by telling us about all the cool bikes you get to ride. I swear I'm bringing a snowball from here, and I'm gonna stuff it in your shirt! LOL Did you like the ZX12? I always wanted to try one.

HelterSkelter 12-22-2004 08:44 AM

go ***** your mother.

Yours, mine whats the difference?

Buzz_Waloch 12-22-2004 09:03 AM

Re: Arrrgggggg!
You have my permission to get one. It's just completely insane. Nothing on two wheels should go that fast.