Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-22-2004, 07:38 AM   #41
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default It was freezing here!

yesterday it was like 68 degrees. I got to test a Kawi ZX12 out in the middle of the desert.

I kept looking back to see if a missile was strapped to it. Total mind-boggling acceleration.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2004, 07:54 AM   #43
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I

2 things. First of all:

WTF!!! No ZRX??? The bike that won MO's recent

"Favorite "Naked"" Poll by a large margin?

AND

Beat the Truimph and Yamaha head to head in MO's last "Naked Bike Shootout" ???

I'd also like to thank Longride, the only obvious change from the normal crew, for raising the bar and making this a Great article.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:55 AM   #44
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Great Job!!!!!

First: Great Word-Smithing, all of you! Martin gets my vote for the Metaphor /Simile/Analogy Of The Month Club for "nickle night in a Thai brothel ("Dime, heads or tails" came in a close 2nd). Martin will be awarded a case of (something sort of like) beer, for his efforts.

Second: Either all those bike are really small, or I want you guy with me in a bar fight (Monkey / FootballÂ…Junior! DonÂ’t stare!). I take back everything IÂ’ve said about things like the Yamaha 0-1Â…You big guys, Really DonÂ’t, look so good riding on anything smaller than a Draft-Horse (who knew).

Third: IÂ’d have bet money I donÂ’t have (and KpaulsÂ’ "life") that the XB-12 would never beat the Tuono in a "fair-fight"Â…even if it were held in New Jersey.

Thanks for the Shoot Out. All and all, this is the sector I really love. Though I wouldnÂ’t want to Beat-the-Hell-Outa anything over $10K, IÂ’d love to have any of these bikes sitting in front of my home...Great Job!

Kevin

Old 12-22-2004, 07:56 AM   #45
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: It was freezing here!

Wassup Buzz? Man those things are fun, aren't they? I owned a Blackbird for a while that had a little work done to it and it was like a rocket. The ZX-12 and Hayabusa are even more excessive

I am getting ready to strap a rocket to the snowplow and get enough white stuff out of the way to drive the F250 into town so that the grommet and I can do some xmas shopping.

In the spring, we ride?

seeyaman
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:01 AM   #46
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: Great Job!!!!!

I was on the only "normal-sized" person in the bunch. I think Martin and Sean are both 6-2 and George is about 8 feet tall and 450lbs.

I'm 5-10 so that's why I didn't have any problems moving around on these bikes.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:03 AM   #47
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Martin my man, this is a HARLEY. Nutty modifications are not only usual, they are also expected. Opened up it's ok, but at low RPM or idling, it just sounds anemic.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:24 AM   #48
SRMark
Founding Member

Now these are three bikes that I would consider owning. I would never have guessed the Buell would have been anywhere close to the lead. Good to see you have open minds. But maybe that openness has let a few brain cells out.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #49
scotty767676
Founding Member

I am also surprised the Z1000 isn't in this. 125 HP to the rear wheel, aggressive styling, lightweight (at least feels like it).

IMO, the FZ1 is not a streetfighter compared to the bikes in these comparisons. When you line them all up side-by-side, the others make the FZ1 look more like a sport-tourer.

But, looking into my crystal ball tells me that the FZ1 will come out the winner because of it's smooth power delivery, comfort, wind protection, low-maintenance, handling, etc, etc... Which makes for a great streetbike, but streetfighter? I guess we'll just have to wait and see?

scotty767676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:39 AM   #50
sarnali
Founding Member

Wow 90% huh? I guess I must see the 10% that don't

As for the cold water enema, very clever, now why don't you go ***** your mother.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote