Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-23-2004, 05:19 PM   #121
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Speed 3

I had a '99 VTR and really enjoyed the bike. I usually ride less than 150 miles at a whack so the fuel issue wasn't a big problem. The roads I ride (20-40mph) are twin perfect. Love the ZRX just a bit of work and too much motor to zing down short straights. At 6'3" and 215 there aren't a lot of "fast" twins I want to ride to Tahoe.

Thanks for your input.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2004, 06:21 AM   #122
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: We the People demand ZRX Representation!!!

Hey!!! What is This??? Martin, you think I don't know who's responsible for this? You forgot that I got an "A" in High School physics! Let's see, D squared + M = S cubed over D screwed = M Happy! With M being MARTIN! I got your number buddy!

And Sean... To think that YOU... my own BROTHER for chrissakes!... would so thoughtlessly and needlessly throw me into the breach... with absolutely no gain for yourself... for the simple purpose of your own amusement... Why... you make me so proud.

No... really... I just got something in my eye, sniff... sniff...
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 06:52 AM   #123
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I

H1, X-6 (not sure about the CL350) and the Cowgirls sounds like the start of a fun time indeed.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 09:05 AM   #124
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: Sean, please put the race kit on!

Ok, almost as good.

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:37 AM   #125
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default here's what i can't get over ...

here's what i can't get over: put any of the three engines in the buell chassis and it would win easily. hell, put a friggin SV650 motor in it and it would win easily.

when is eric buell going to get the engine he deserves? it's a SPORTSTER, fer chrissakes ...

dress gra'ma in track shoes and she's still gra'ma ... but with better traction while wandering around the house, lost.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:16 AM   #126
ValkBandit
Registered Member

i think history will show that we would have been better off with fewer bush-whackers (errrr, backers).
Old 12-27-2004, 09:18 AM   #127
ValkBandit
Registered Member

yikes ... meant to reply to "sir loin" (above). i hate when that happens.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:57 AM   #128
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Maybe I missed something......

or the Buell won anyway, even with the "Sportster" engine. I seriously doubt that you have ridden a Buell for any length of time. It just plain works. I rated it last in the comparo, but not because of the motor.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:38 AM   #129
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

I know how you feel. Being 6'4" myself and of considerable mass, I just CAN'T fit on the Buell. I did manage to fold myself onto an XB12R at Laughlin last year. I couldn't force my legs to bend anymore than they were. I felt like my heels were going to touch my ass.

It was quite the circus act. Right from the start, I had a massive cramp in my thigh that wouldn't go away. Using the rear brake was next to impossible.

It was a lot of fun, but I always had the feeling that I was going over the handlbars every time I used the brakes.
ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:38 PM   #130
MW1000
Founding Member

I'll keep my rare (made for only 03) Suzuki SV1000 naked and spend the leftover cash elsewhere (hop-up parts maybe?). Best bike I've ever owned. Only drawback with a V-twin is that it's hard to keep the front wheel down, lol.
MW1000 is offline   Reply With Quote