Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2610-mo-streetfighter-shootout-part-i.html)

SeanAlexander 12-23-2004 08:14 AM

Re: The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I

Which five states? The bike won't even be available for testing for another couple months :-( -Sean

sportbike_pilot 12-23-2004 08:38 AM

Re: Awww man

See George, that's how you do a proper MO b*tch slap.

And here's how you answer.

Sean, how many times do I gotta tell you, it's SUPPOSED to be yellow spot front, brown spot rear.

bboule 12-23-2004 08:59 AM

I think he meant H-D is more solid as a company than Aprilia or MV. Nothing to do with the bikes themselves being solid.

SeanAlexander 12-23-2004 09:14 AM

Martin,

Which do spot do you Country Bumpkins go to first; the Yellow Spot -or- the Brown Spot on your sister's underwear?

sportbike_pilot 12-23-2004 09:36 AM

Well that's better than your BROTHER, isn't it?

SeanAlexander 12-23-2004 09:54 AM

Hey, he NEEDED a good ramming!

That's my story and I'm stickin to it. -Sean

Buzz_Waloch 12-23-2004 09:59 AM

Sounds like you guys had one helluva breakfast.

I'm sorry I missed it.

Sir_Loin 12-23-2004 10:04 AM

Probably the ones with the most Kerry/Edwards votes :-)

But in all seriousness, this 05 Speed Triple has the suspension, brakes, chassis tweaks and stomping motor to enable it to lead the naked sportbike class.

I know it will be worth waiting for....

longride 12-23-2004 10:47 AM

All I can say is those guys are SICK! I'm much too nice to ever be like those guys. Good thing you and I were there Buzz to add some normal thinking.

waepoint 12-23-2004 10:52 AM

Re: Speed 3

No one compares 'em because the VTR became unfashionable about 5 minutes after it was released and has largely been ignored ever since. I think the SV1000 is suffering the same fate ... the budget thou' just can't live up to the hype of the SV650. The SV's will start showing up in "cheap thrills" articles in about another 6-12 months, just like the VTR did here.

My opinion: The VTR and SV are very similar, with the VTR scoring points for reliability, finish, and slightly better handling. Neither the VTR or SV are world-class carvers out of the box, but stiffer springs do wonders for the VTR. The SV edges out the Honda on motor, brakes, and "fresh" touches like fuel injection, LED taillights, etc. Truthfully it probably comes down to styling between these two.

Toss the ZRX into the mix and it's all a jumble. The Z-Rex has the monster motor built for hooliganism, and better comfort/fuel capacity for sport touring. But it handles like an old bike, wallowing through turns like neither the VTR or SV will. I'm an 8-yr VTR owner and wouldn't part with it for the riding I do (200-mile country rides) ... but there are times I'd love to have my buddy's ZRX for longer stints in the saddle with fewer stops for dead dinosaurs.