Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-23-2004, 04:03 AM   #101
mikesduc
Registered Member

Default Re: The MO Streetfighter Shootout Part I

From personal experience my Tuono has had zero problems after two years and 17000 miles. From what I understand Aprilia's are pretty solid.
mikesduc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2004, 04:30 AM   #102
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default A buncha Harley engineers did that?

Come on. Porsche helped 'em didn't they?
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:35 AM   #103
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

That's a good question. If I drive the RV up I'll find a trailer and tow the MV. If I ride up it will be the Duc for sure. Also if I bring the Duc I get to partake of Ducati Island which is very convenient if you ride to the track.

Can you see me pulling up to the Island on the MV? lol I was at Oceanside Aprilia/Ducati a month ago on the MV to pick up a tail bag and all the customers walked out of the store to check it out. The sales guy looked at me and said (jokingly), "can you leave now?" He was just closing a deal on a Monster.

Of course it is tempting to take the Geezer Glide to Laguna Seca. Can you just see me on the parade lap on that thing? It would be hysterical!
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 05:45 AM   #104
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: A buncha Harley engineers did that?

Nah. They dug a secret tunnel under the Pacific Ocean and sneaked a Honda engineer in to do it. It had to be. Right? The whole universe would come crashing down for some people otherwise. Right?
Old 12-23-2004, 06:15 AM   #105
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I was kidding Martin, my man. You are very easy to hang with. You just can't drink worth a crap!
Old 12-23-2004, 06:43 AM   #106
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Sean, please put the race kit on!

You think it sounds as good as a Briggs & Stratton, gb?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 06:55 AM   #107
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: A buncha Harley engineers did that?

unfortunately, as i recall, the computer got it wrong and they recalled a bunch of the first XBs to throw on a bigger pulley... or maybe i just dreamed that?

anyhoo, i told you so. Buell is cool. I still like 9s a little better than 12s I think. Revs a little higher, runs a little smoother, and feels just about as fast in everyday use.

johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:13 AM   #108
Sir_Loin
Registered Member

I need that Triple like a fat kid needs cake !!

I ordered one in November, and if I don't see a review soon, I'll go on a 5 state killing spree.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:24 AM   #109
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Awww man

Of course no offense was taken but I gotta respond or its like sharks with blood in the water.

All of you 19' tall rascals are alike. If you didn't have the body mass of a fair-sized offensive line all to yourself you wouldn't have been able to finish that second tankard standing either

Seriously - one of the funniest moments of the whole three days was when you, Sean and I went out to breakfast the first morning and they crammed the three of us into that small booth and Sean said "Gee, it's nice to be around normal (sized) people for a change"

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:10 AM   #110
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Awww man

I'd better step-in, before you girls start kissing and fondling each other.

Dale: You're [/i]only[/i] my brother, cause I can pick my nose and my friends, but not my relatives.

Longride: Your brain is every bit as crooked as your local Chicago political establishment.

Martin: You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny.

(Aww... I love all three of you... Merry Christmas! -Sean)