Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-16-2001, 02:37 AM   #1
Sparky
Founding Member

Default Re: Raptor 650 Reader Feedback

What story?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2001, 02:55 AM   #2
VFRider
Registered Member

"This is no committee-designed, Jap thing." Uh...dude, that's a pretty asinine statement for a professional journalist to be making.
VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 03:19 AM   #3
badsac
Founding Member

Well this will bring me out of the non-posting wilderness.

Wow. Great article. Now if I did have to start paying for MO in the future, articles as well written as this one might make it worth while. I sure get a better idea of what this bike is like than some articles that merely brush the surface of the bike, then dive into hype.

Well done Yossef. Well done MO.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 05:34 AM   #4
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Like your bike to be in the shop more than in your hands? nt

RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 05:48 AM   #5
tony
Founding Member

I wish Buell would do the same thing with the tls1000 motor. That way they could sell them in the US. Either that or have Suzuki come out with their own standard based on the tls1000 motor. They do not need to detune it either.

I'm still dreaming.

I thougt they were going to bring the raptor 650 to Us it was just the 1000 that was not coming. I had read that months ago so I guess things could of changed.

tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 06:19 AM   #6
VFRider
Registered Member

I'm not trying to be PC; it just seems to be a bit lowbrow coming from a professional journalist.
VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 07:10 AM   #7
john
Founding Member

Default Re: ease up on the racist accusations......

I'd be offended if someone called me "yank," but then, I am from Texas. Why is Jap derogatory? I don't think Nip is really derogatory, either. Nip is just short for Nipon, which is how the Japanese say Japan. Its like calling the British Brits. Its more of slur of a country than it is a racial remark. And unless you have an extreme since of jingoism for your native Japan, you are being very spineless.

I bet you are the type of person who sues McDonald's for when you spill coffee on yourself.

You make me sick. Anywhere but America and I really doubt you would have this type of reasoning.
Old 01-16-2001, 07:34 AM   #8
wingdave
Founding Member

Default history lesson

John.

Jap is derogatory because it was the term used by the american propoganda machine to dehumanize the enemy in world war two. the same goes for Nip..

(ever take a history class?)

Brit is a shortened version of british.. while not being proper, neither is 'american" after all we live in "The United States of America".. not "America".

So.. see a point? Neither do I.

I'm a honky. A yankee honky. Just because I can deal with being called such.. doesn't mean someone else can.

Am I PC? Hardly. Sensitive? Probably not.

...just aware there are other people in the world.

wingdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 08:25 AM   #9
Sparky
Founding Member

Thanks
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 10:15 AM   #10
greatoldbikes
Founding Member

Default Designed in what, ten minutes?

The story says the designer who penned this bike for Cagiva also thought up the Monster. Well, duh! How long did it take him? As long as it takes to copy a Zip disc or make some photo copies? There is nothing new about this bike versus the Monster as far as styling goes, it's a blatant copy. I'm sure it's a gas to ride and bristles with all sorts of techno goodies, and the SV motor is a jewel, but enough already. The Monster is the new CB750 of motorcycling. I'm glad the naked bike theme has come back, but will some Italian PLEASE take in a different direction? The "monster" look is getting old.

Great Old Bikes