Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-16-2004, 07:53 AM   #61
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Re: Safety for Dummies

Only a moron would recommend a 117rwhp bike for a beginner or an under 25 year old.

Those better brakes would do better if they were applied to the throttle control.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2004, 08:10 AM   #62
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: 600cc's-not hardly!

No, I agree. But the Gixxer isn't my style. It's a great bike, and from sitting on one, the ergos seemed more comfortable than I imagined. But it's a bit too common around here--and too boy racer for my tastes. The 636 is really a nice looking bike (as is the ZX-10). Kawi finally got the styling right. It looks slick and classy, especially in that Raw Titanium. Niiiiiiice.

I was referring to 600's only. I'd be curious about the Daytona 650, too. I'm hoping for a rebirth of the 750 class, being that the GSX-R is the only option now. There are lots of strong rumors that the Daytona is going to become a 750 triple. Now that would be real interesting.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:18 AM   #63
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Fortunately for us there were NO production bikes with this kind of performance when we were 18 Remember when 903cc 83HP (relatively ill-handling) Z-1's were considered far too powerful for anyone other than experienced riders? It is sobering to think that today's "600's" are considered by many to be "Starter" bikes.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:44 AM   #64
torrnado
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R

the new kawasaki raw titanium color is the hottest color i've seen on a bike, period!

if i hadn't been so burned/bitter by the $4,000 hit i took in selling my z1000, i'd buy a new 636.
torrnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:51 AM   #65
pdad13
Founding Member

It is really sweet. The dealer's actually got an '03 and an '02, which is fine with me because I like looks better than the '04s. Mechanically, exactly the same bike (except the 02's got a double-sided swing arm.) I can get the '02 way cheaper than a used one. He wants to sell it bad. I don't know if I can resist much longer.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:51 AM   #66
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

If you are riding close to the speed that you think is the fastest you can go without crashing, regardless of the relative pace, you ARE NOT riding like a pu$$y IMHO. Judgement is another matter but many that post here will freely admit to have used bad judgement at times, some will admit to frequently being challenged in this area.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:52 AM   #67
christian_gates
Founding Member

The stuff from the '70s had, apparently, reliability problems although I don't pretend to know exactly why (I've heard that it has to do with combustion chamber seals).

I wasn't familiar with the Norton Wankel, although that's right around the time that materials caught up with the design.

When someone decides to throw some money at such a concept, specific output should be substantially higher than it is today. I kind of look forward to it (Mazda's patents must run out eventually, right?).

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:58 AM   #68
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Love the gallery boys

Can't we use the same reasoning other than cost to justify going to litre bikes ?
Old 12-16-2004, 08:59 AM   #69
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Love the gallery boys

Indeed it rapidly becomes a slippery slope. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:08 AM   #70
sarnali
Founding Member

Exactly, that's why I don't have a sportbike anymore. The last full on sportbike I had was a ZX10, which is I suppose a dog compared to newer 600's and 1000's but it was more than fast enough for me and I used to race around like a maniac on it.

I got older and wiser and figured out I'd last a lot longer not treating every ride like the IOM TT. My weak assed 108 HP Trophy is plenty fast enough for me, It's just as good at dorking around looking at trees as it is going as fast as I can go. Also I don't look like a fat monkey f*****g a football riding it, a definate plus in my book

Riding these hard is fine, if like you, you know what you're doing. Trouble is a lot of the target demographic for 600 supersports don't and we all pay the price through high insurance on certain models

If Randy Scott had been riding a sportbike when Jack-off hit him the media probably would have blamed him. That's the bad publicity we get from squids on sportbikes. If a sportbike is involved well by golly it must be his fault!

Plus Kpile wants one. You want that on your mind every time you look at your bike?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote