Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-16-2004, 04:45 AM   #21
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Maybe...

Maybe...But ,I doubt that my spec-sheet will match-up, to any 600's spec-sheet, so it really won't matter, much.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2004, 05:04 AM   #22
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Default Re: Sometimes, I even annoy myself...

Again, where does it rain?

The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain....
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:05 AM   #23
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Default Re: Dang you didn't pass him!

My thoughts exactly... I kept waiting for the pass on the inside, but it never materialized.

Maybe Sean's just getting slow in his old age...
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:17 AM   #24
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default 600cc's-not hardly!

Am I the only person who thinks that this is a bogus 600cc bike and has no buisness in a 600 comparo?...call me old fashioned.

Also do we really need 119 hp 600's? isn't this the genre of bike most newbies look at buying? Methinks we'll see more and more news items like the New Hampshire release yesterday.....I'm just sayin'.

In other news, it's nice to see that Kawasaki has hired some decent designers again, their sport bikes are once again awesome looking.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:18 AM   #25
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Hmmm... Well this is just great. A whole new crop of Better AND Faster 600 class bikes (can't wait for em to start cryin' about 36cc's). Should be a great comparo, I can't believe how high a standard we're reaching with Sportbikes these days. Cool videos (that thing sounds BAD) and article.

Kawasaki comes out with a Red ZX-10R just when I decide to wait and see how the 1050 Daytona comes out and go for a used one (955) if it's not an improvement. You see, if I'm honest with myself the ZX-10R scares me, it's acceleration stuns and shocks me. As long as they didn't have a Red one I didn't have to face that, now I do... Sure I could ride responsibly and use restraint but 36 years of not doing so makes me doubt my resolve... Hmmm... There would be no dishonor in getting one of these new "600's", could I be ready for a pre-VTEC VFR? Hmmm...
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:28 AM   #26
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: More predictions from the Great One: Shoei, Chatterbox and Kawasaki team up for

Of course it would be wireless and super-light. More and more it seems that today's dreams are tomorrow's reality.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:40 AM   #27
xseal
Registered Member

Even for racers, the 636cc is a non-issue. Except for the AMA, most club racing organizations permit "middleweights" up to 640cc, presumably to allow for 600s to get an overbore if necessary. So, the 636 looks to be a terrific club racing platform, finally, something to reduce the amount of R6s.
xseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:49 AM   #28
pdad13
Founding Member

I too am considering a 955i leftover. It's not an '04, but the (low) price is just too hard to resist. (No, I'm not telling who the dealer is). As far as I'm concerned, 130 rwhp is total overkill on the street, but the triple's got that nice torque.

This new 636 is starting to make me think twice, too, but I can still get the Daytona for less. Look around, bet someone's giving some deep discounts. Another local dealer had plenty of '04s, and wanted to seriously deal on an SE model (I am blessed to have two Triumph dealers within 40 miles of each other).

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:01 AM   #29
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: 600cc's-not hardly!

Nope. I think the 636 has got an unfair advantage in a comparo with the other 600s. Which is exactly why I would buy it over the others. I don't need no stinkin' racing regulations, I want the best bike for my money. If I were thinking about a 600 (nay, 600-something), this would probably be it.

By the way, Kawasaki has actually gone a step further than the competition by offering a true 600 racing package for AMA racing, and offering a better street bike with the 636. The other manufacturers have to do with just one bike. Bravo, Kawasaki. Bravo.

Frankly, if they made it a 700 and could keep the weight the same, I'd be even happier.

And it does look sweet (especially in the Raw Titanium paint), don't it?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:07 AM   #30
christian_gates
Founding Member

Some non-reciprocating (no, not the jet bike that Leno has) engine, whether Wankel-type or other, will come eventually.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote