Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-17-2004, 10:36 AM   #151
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: You have your choice of weapons to go to war with

Far from there being evidence that sportbikes stop faster than cruisers/touring bikes, there actually is evidence that the opposite is true. If you'll remember, I argued this exact point with KPaul a couple of months ago, and faced with evidence from real testing vs. his uniinformed, ignorant views on things he knows nothing about, he reverted to his usual name calling and refused to admit defeat.

All of your other points are correct as well.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2004, 02:23 PM   #154
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Let's get-over-it...

How would you know?
Old 12-17-2004, 02:30 PM   #155
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R

A deeper / longer (hehe) cat would restrict exhaust flow more, so if (as the Kawi rep said) the US bikes have "more restrictive cats" I think it's safe to assume that they are indeed more restrictive. I suspect he's partially correct, but knowing the DOT, I'm betting there is a bit more baffling in the intake tract as well, to cut dreaded noise.

Have fun storming the castle. -Sean
Old 12-17-2004, 03:56 PM   #156
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: You have your choice of weapons to go to war with

You're numbers you're using are close:

Cessna 172 max sustained bank 28*/sec

Cessna 172 Kcas 58mph

F-22 Raptor max sustained back 20*/sec (est)

F-22 Raptor Kcas 138mph

For those wondering, what the raptor can do in a 'instand bank' at 35+*/sec (not sure what speed causes 9G) where as the 172 can only manage 32*/sec at 63mph
Old 12-17-2004, 05:39 PM   #157
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default You Missed the Point...

While, every one of my points referred to ergonomics; all of your points referred to performance.

I love sport bike performance, but I question how suitable their ergonomic are for riding in traffic. Race Replicas, like actual track-bikes, are designed with racing-ergonomics; that means, for aerodynamics and looking, straight, ahead.

While, road racers worry only about what's in front of them, and very-well-trained riders coming from the rear; street riders must worry about distracted, semiconscious, untrained drivers coming from every direction, on a semi-flat plain.

Having said that, you should be able to infer my actual reasons for not liking race-replica sport bikes, for street riding. (If not, Fu-ck It!)