Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-17-2004, 06:16 AM   #141
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Let's get-over-it...

LetÂ’s all buy FZ1s, or Tuonos, and get-over-it .

Seriously, when it comes to the "Real World" full-on-sport-bikes Suck! Unfortunately, too many rider would rather look "Cool" (some, would say "Silly" but you make the call) than be in control. Even at the track, most of us would be better served if we rode bikes with reasonable ergonomicsÂ…I mean, itÂ’s not like any of us arenÂ’t so close to brain-lock that we couldnÂ’t use a-little-more vision and leverage (Shiesh!).

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! We can argue every-Damn-little-thing until Kpaul joins Group Therapy, but it’s scary our there. Little-old-ladies are gonna be driving Battle Ships, and semi-conscious idiots are gonna be driving SUVs (while, taking on cel-phones) for the foreseeable future; so, it might be a good idea if we aren’t riding around, staring at our fuel tanks. Sure, our chiropractors will lose some money; but, Who Cares! (I was gonna say, "but, Fuc’ ‘em!" But, that would be asking, for it (Shyte! I cant win!).

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2004, 07:03 AM   #142
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R

more restrictive cat? eh? howz that work?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 07:03 AM   #143
dogcatfud
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm not complaining...

This reminded me of a girl in my MSF class who bought a 1997 ZX6 for her first bike. She was around 20 years old, lanky, and weighed no more than 120 lbs soaking wet.

She bragged to her friends about picking it up the following day. I commented that her bike was quite powerful for a new rider. Her reply, "It's not very fast, it's not the R version."
dogcatfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 07:40 AM   #144
xseal
Founding Member

I'm a racer that has been considering a GSXR750 also, but I really like the smaller reciprocating mass and the slipper clutch. I'm inclined to go 636 also, esp. since I'm racing a 2002 ZX6R now. Will be a good rain/back up bike.
xseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:25 AM   #145
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: He he

Me? I just figure that Kpaul's sitting in front of his computer, with a Borderline Personality, a bag of Gen-Weed, and nothing better to do.

I just think of Needle-Nosed-Ned, from Ground Hogs Day; imagine him as Kpaul, and it all goes away.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:55 AM   #146
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: Let's get-over-it...

I like my sportbikes. The look cool and they go fast. Winding up the throttle on a sportbike is about as close to full-go awesome that most of us will experience (not being jet fighter pilots, F1 (or in a prior life, Can-Am) drivers or astronauts), at least from a vehicle in motion perspective.

Just because KPaul likes to troll doesn't mean that sportbikes aren't amazing pieces of rolling industrial art. They aren't as practical as a motard or standard - or even a cruiser - and for the average rider probably aren't as safe either, but even after riding for a number of years, I know I still get that holy ***** here we go feeling when the tach drifts - check - races towards the redline and the scenery simultaneously blurs and slows down and the speedo's ticking up too fast to read and even things moving near you at high speed seem stationary and you can see little things in the road a looong way off because you have to...

Sooo to your point...fu*cK 'em.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 09:56 AM   #147
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm not complaining...

Now that was funny!

Guess she hasn't had it above 8,000 rpm yet.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:09 AM   #148
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: He he

I was thinking Narcissistic Personality Disorder but I suppose it could be Borderline.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:35 AM   #149
tripletango
Founding Member

Default Re: First post!

Just buy a GSXR 750!! About the same weight and probably faster in general street riding
tripletango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:35 AM   #150
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Don't get me started on the "just one life" logic dammit!