Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-17-2004, 03:09 AM   #121
Arrow
Registered Member

Default Re: You have your choice of weapons to go to war with

Assuming we have two riders with similar experience and skill, a lighter bike will always be more manouverable and will brake faster. ABS's advantage mostly lies in slippery conditions, again an experienced rider will stop shorter with a non-ABS system - on dry pavement of course (there was a test about this in a magazine so I am not making this up)

I have ridden a Husaberg 400 supermoto and it was much more radical than my bike (then a 2000 ZX6R). A seat that splits you into two, no wind protection to speak of, quite a bit of vibration and hair trigger throttle response etc. Believe me, my ZX felt like a GoldWing after that monster, and I am told that the 650 version is even wilder! So I am not sure if the supermotos are a good option for starters; except perhaps for the Yamaha XT660 and the new Honda supermoto with XR650 engine which mimic the style but lack the performance. They are still not that comfortable though, since their seats are really hard and narrow, I'd probably prefer my old ZX's seat to one of those (none would hold a candle to my Futura's seat though )

Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2004, 03:11 AM   #122
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Drudge News Flash: Leader of the GPTB contradicts himself on MO.

sugarcoater
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:11 AM   #123
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R

$4000 dollar hit?

You'll have to explain. I'm sure Kook will love the answer.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:11 AM   #124
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: Dammit Jim, I'm not a spell checker

That, is why, I've always liked having an editor; Dictitorial-Bastards, though, they are (Sorry, Sean...).
Old 12-17-2004, 03:34 AM   #125
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Dang you didn't pass him!

Are you going to officiate the next Monday Night Football game?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:39 AM   #126
pdad13
Founding Member

I haven't heard anything bad about it. Everyone seems to love it. They finally got the TT600 right. And they removed it from the supersport class, people realized what a good bike it is. I'd like to take a spin on one, too.

For $5,600, I'd say it's well worth it.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:42 AM   #127
r1der
Founding Member

Hey Sean, what's different about the Euro/Aussie version that nets it 5 more horses? Did they give us all the California model?

TIA,

Don
r1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:55 AM   #128
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: But LongNazi you said that 600s are Which is it?

Ah, yes. It was someone else who mentioned the starter bike thing. I think I've been sucked into the Kpaul black hole.

But Longride has referred to the powerband below.

Redemption!
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:05 AM   #129
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default I'm not complaining...

I'm not complaining about that.

What I'm complaining about is this notion new squids get that this is the motorcycle they must start out on. For some reason no other bike will do or their fragile ego will be crushed.

Also for some reason they think that because a proffesional motorcycle rider in a magazine road test says this bike is faster then another XYZ bike then if they buy it they will always be faster then XYZ bike.

Somehow it would be nice to get 18 year olds to start out on something like a 250 Ninja or a GS500 Suzuki and actually push those bikes to the limit and learn first.

Then once they have ridden one of these bikes to the limit for a year or more think about moving up to the 600 class.

Everytime one of these new riders buys one of these new 600 super sport bikes as their first bike and wads it a week later by running it off the highway for no good reason it just raises our insurance rates that much higher.

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:40 AM   #130
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Yes, the U.S. models all have a more restrictive CAT to meet the uber stringent EPA requirements. -Sean