Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-11-2004, 01:45 AM   #88
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: Road Racing World

It's not one in a million, though, in many cases, doomed you are. Without a piece of paper from an accredited institution your chances of becoming successful are very slim. By the time a kid with a learning disability gets through Grade School they're generally medicated and convinced that there's something wrong with them. The result being that the kid grows up believing they're not too bright, and ends up in a dead-end job, while the, so called, "normal" kids go on to much more fulfilling lives.

Having ADD is like being born without any walls in your brain. It's not that you don't think, it's that you think too much. A piece of information, given to a kid with ADD, usually starts the kid thinking about how the new piece of knowledge relates to everything else they know. They aren't stupid; it's just that their brains are often wired so that everything they learn gets shipped out for examination, on how it relates and can be used. Considering that, itÂ’s little wonder that most of the truly creative minds have belonged to people who were considered eccentric, or crazy, or often suffered from things like alcoholism and drug addiction. Try living with a brain that has no brakes, and see how you like it.

For myself, almost everything I know I taught myself, after I got out of school. In other words, I started my actual education 12 years after everyone else. The consequence of that, is I now get to go to Class Reunions and try to carry on intelligent conversation with people making six-figures, who, for the most part, havenÂ’t done much in their lives but swallow and regurgitate information.

If all this makes me sound bitter, IÂ’m not. The only time I get upset is when some nitwit assumes intellectual superiority, just because they went to collage. I take satisfaction knowing, while most of the thingsyou say came from someone else, most of my ideas are due to my own thought processes.

I consider having ADD as a blessing. I only wish my teachers would have helped me to harness it at an early age.

Old 12-11-2004, 02:20 AM   #89
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: You sound like a engineering school dropout

Yes, you must be right about physics.

Guys like Einstein, Niels Bore, Enrico Fermi and Werner Hiesenburg were pantywaists, compared to you. But, you should be grateful to those men, because their work proved the chaotic nature of the universe and gave reasons for such inexplicable phenomena, as yourself, to exist. Too bad, really! Might be nice to have you disappear, in a puff of smoke, for want of a reason to exist.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:28 AM   #90
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR

Good point, ebass...I think...Maybe...Aw, Hell! At least we get first dibbs on B!tching about stuff.