Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-10-2004, 04:40 AM   #32
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR

I just wanted to publicly point to Sean's outstanding record participation in these forums, particularly following up on articles. In addition to providing probably the most interesting qualitative motorcyle reviews (SportRider does some neat work on the quant. / tech. side - don't know if they're always right and they are inconsistent, but I'm a geek and some of their stuff seems cool), the author / editor support of the articles on MO easily justifies the subscription.

More particularly, Sean and co. don't dance around questions - they answer them directly - and it doesn't seem that "the fix is in" when they offer up their views. They don't offer up squishy answers to apparently illogical results, because their results don't appear illogical (the most egregious examples being the bizarre MasterBike thingy published in CW a while back, and something similar in SportRider a month later).

So keep up the good work. You guys kick ass, and your "hard work" (riding scores of different bikes every year gets you quotes around hard work) is appreciated.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:55 AM   #33
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: What was that about the ZX-6R?

Because then it would handle like a ZX-10, instead of a ZX-6???
Old 12-10-2004, 04:59 AM   #34
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: it's going to be a MO Christmas!

Six different bike tests and shoot outs in one week??

Is that all??

I want my money back!!!!
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:02 AM   #35
sarnali
Founding Member

So... you and Doug Toland are blazing around the track on probably two of the fastest best handling 600s any normal person can buy.......

Nope, don't see how THAT could get competitive.......
Old 12-10-2004, 05:07 AM   #36
sarnali
Founding Member

booty smoocher
Old 12-10-2004, 05:12 AM   #37
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Not yet... The lash didn't seem intrusive, but then again, I only rode the CBR on the racetrack, so I never really got into a situation where the evaluation of lash was relivant, as long as the bike would pull cleanly off the corner. -Sean

P.S. Make that 7 bike tests and shootouts in the next four weeks, as I will be riding the CBR on the street this Thursday and reporting back shortly thereafter. Your drive lash questions will be resolved shortly.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:13 AM   #38
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: What was that about the ZX-6R?

And cost more...
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:15 AM   #39
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: GPTB responds....

Don't be silly kpile... The '05 CBR is miles better than the '04, just look at the performance numbers, plus a 9 hp boost is nothing to sneer at.

The new 636 is going to be better than last years pooch as well, how could you even think that the incremental changes each year wouldn't make a dramatic differance?

Yes sirree, for someone of your talents, riding ability and MSF scores only the best will do......

Sorry to hear about your kid, glad she's alright and all, but spending mo'sickle money on a car is to the GPTB a cardinal sin. Just when we thought you weren't a complete boob, you turn around and s**t the bed again
Old 12-10-2004, 05:29 AM   #40
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I've ridden a lot with this guy, and he's A LOT Faster than he lets on. -Sean