Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-11-2004, 03:11 AM   #91
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: AMA decision for Daytona 500 looks like the right one now.

Instead of passing a law, why don't you try to take the licenses from the 60 and over people yourself? Are ya gutless? Gotta get some cop to do your dirty work?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2004, 03:16 AM   #92
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Road Racing World

Dude, you are pi$$ing in the wind again. KPuke doesn't understand that there are about a million variables that can make people incredibly skillful or expert. Education is one of them and is certainly the most overrated of the million. I know guys that didn't finish high school that could build things in their head that would take an engineer 3 weeks to sketch out. We had a saying in the fire dept that you find degrees on a thermometer, and they stick those up your ass in the hospital, which means all the highly educated guys that showed up were in for a big suprise. You can book read and have all the theory down pat, but once that fire is frying on your ass, all bets are off. I'll take experience every time. I wonder who we would want to describe the Honda GP bike? Nicky Hayden or the engineer? In fact if the engineers were so smart, why do they need the rider to develop the bike for them? Why don't they just tell the rider how it's going to handle, and how the power is going to come on? Because they don't know is why. I would listen to Sean or Kent K anytime over some dork that wants to explain some theory that is neither interesting nor applicable to the real world of riding a motorcycle. Since KPuke doesn't ride, I suppose politics and that bullshyt is all he has.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:23 AM   #93
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: You sound like a engineering school dropout

LOL! Yeah. Guys like Da Vinci were idiots because they didn't go to college.

If you look over the history of scientific advancement you'll find surpisingly few inventors who even went to college. College creates followers, not leaders. Just look at the mindless groupthink that dominates academia. The perfect environment for KPile.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:04 AM   #94
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR

Are you about done with that write-up on (ahem) motorcycling in Thailand?
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:15 AM   #95
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Sorry.. I can't help it...

I dropped out of high school with a GED in the 11th grade, joined the Navy and learned to run boilers. I traveled all over the Mediterranean and southern Europe, and pretty well had the time of my life I've managed to turn my training into a legal $90k+ a year for pretty much boiling water.

As a Boeing engineer I KNOW kpile is around $50k a year if he's lucky, I guess instead of quitting school, partying, riding bikes and having fun most of my life, I could have went to college and learned to design airplane storage bins for a $40k a year pay cut.

At least I'd have a degree ha-ha-ha-ha-
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:26 AM   #96
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR

Electric starters and Ibuprofen come in handy.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:45 AM   #97
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: Road Racing World

It was irrelevant. Engineers, though, are not infallible.

My real point was that it's possible to be very skilled with motorcycles, and not hold a PE credential.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 05:02 AM   #98
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: You sound like an engineering school dropout

How do you go from a cautionary note about the validity of using a PE as the sole criteria to judge a man's skill in evaluating the more technical aspects of motorcycle design to an unfounded speculation, bordering on a juvenile ad hominem attack, about my educational background? Seriously?

My point was that it's possible that someone without the right credentials might still have enough expertise, either through formal training or otherwise, to be extremely knowledgable about motorcycles.

You're awfully defensive about the ol' PE there; I admit, it's a great achievement to get one. The PE's that I've met are bright, hardworking folks, most of whom busted ass to get their credentials. But there's a world of difference between a generalized achievement and specialized knowledge, as most people have noticed.

As an aside, what the hell are forestery and econmics? Sophmore? Are those like mechancal engineers? And, for the record, I had no idea about this sophomore year test you're talking about. Nor did I flunk out of anything, at least not that I can recall.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 06:18 AM   #99
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Sorry.. I can't help it...

I heard that he used to work on the center fuel tanks......
Old 12-11-2004, 06:20 AM   #100
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: You sound like an engineering school dropout

Stop now. You are dangerously close to being sucked into KPile's Universe of Circular Logic.