Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-29-2004, 05:03 AM   #81
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Victory Hammer & 8-Ball

I had a pretty cool one, it was light blue and had a Ford oval on it but instead of Ford it said *****, I used to wear that one all the time
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2004, 05:05 AM   #82
sarnali
Founding Member

It's a Utah thing...
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:48 AM   #83
asphanaut
Founding Member

Default Re: Horsecrap

Traditional apples versus traditional oranges. Ducati has traditon too. You can break tradition with apples without making an orange.

Cruising is about LOW rpm rumble. It's also about LOOKING GOOD. That's why you have the chrome, the fat tires, the raked out fronts, etc... You're just talking nonsense when you want something that looks and sounds like that to run with the Ducatis on the track. Why you guys all carp on a company that tries to make things that look good to all different sorts of people is beyond me. So they took the genre - CRUISERS - and tried to bereak SOME traditions by sprucing up the motor and brakes and steadying the frame.

I see some posts on here knocking the tall cylinders because... they don't look good. Then they turn around and say that it's too tradtional. They accuse the fat tire for being poseurish and trendy. So what ? You think people buy cruisers because .... ?

I think Victory makes some stunning looking CRUISERS, that run strong on LOW rpms.

You don't like it then go try to build a sit-up-straight, low rpm, stylish bike that sounds good, and yet breaks all the traditions, is priced entry-level, and can run aroud the track with the R1's.

C'mon people.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #84
pdad13
Founding Member

Buzz, you are a man of the world. I'm shocked that you're not aware of the cultural phenomenon called trucker hats.

Designed to replicate the classic baseball-type, billed cap that was made popular for a time by truck drivers and farmers in the 1970's, the trucker hat is recognizable by its characteristic plastic mesh back panels (usually white) combined with a tall, colored fabric crown and bill.

At first glance, today's "trucker hat" differs little from the original but for a few details. The current version is typically emblazoned with the Von Dutch (tm) logo or some silly faux spray painted slogan instead of the traditional John Deere (tm) or Peterbuilt (tm) logos (although some modern examples do exist). The modern day trucker hat also seems to be much larger than its progenitor, enhancing its dopey appearance. However, this could also be a perceptive effect caused by the fact that the fashion victims who don them typically are pinheads. Brittany Spears, Aston Kutcher, Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, Justin Timberlake, members of Good Charlotte, Ashley Simpson and their ilk have often been spotted with this abomination perched awkwardly tilted to one side atop their nearly empty heads.

Like the me-too cruisier boom, many have been looking forward to the demise of this evil fashion trend.

Hope I cleared this up for you. Then again, perhaps you are better off not knowing.

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:58 AM   #85
pdad13
Founding Member

Armchaps transend fashion. Like the little black dress, they're always in style. Classic.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:22 AM   #86
seruzawa
The Toad

Only if the French build them will they become "cruisiers".
Old 10-29-2004, 11:21 AM   #87
pdad13
Founding Member

Touche, Mssr. Seruzawa.

(Yeah, like you've never made a typo, bucko?)

By the way, "cruisiers" come with a one-speed, reverse-only transmission and pillion-mounted white flag w/chromed flag pole as standard equipment. German phrasebook is optional.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:35 PM   #88
PASQUENELL
Founding Member

Hammer is a differant look for the same ol thing, I bought a rocket III and there is nothing like it, I've had a 120ci HD bla, bla bla, the rocket is smoother than my valk at 90 mph and gets there is a hurry

In the summer you can pull stumps and in the winter plow snow, ride one, for 15,900 it's the deal of the day

The only thing belt driven and air cooled in my garage is my lawn mower
PASQUENELL is offline   Reply With Quote