Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-27-2004, 11:37 AM   #41
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: Sean, Sean, Sean...

Let the courts decide the victor
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2004, 11:48 AM   #42
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Copy Editing

An added benefit is that the rider's ass is made to look narrow in comparison, so you big boys out there can impress the ladies with your trim physique, at least until you stand-up that is.

Shouldn't that be us big boys, big boy?

sbp

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #43
sarnali
Founding Member

First things first lad, I'm still working on the pre-ground peg feelers and knee pucks for Ducati riders.

I'll get to the fringe repair kit after the thinsulate arm chaps for Seruzawa
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:21 PM   #44
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Copy Editing

A$$hole!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2004, 12:58 PM   #45
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: Copy Editing

Hey SA,

Since my big fat ass wasn't around to lap, exactly who's big fat ass were you left staring at? I've always known you to be the ass stare-ee not stare-er. You losing your nerve these days, family man?

(please note "little winky thing" and spare us all a 3,000 word retort. I'm just messing wit' ya' bra')
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:19 PM   #46
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Horsecrap

Figured there would be jokes about this. Well let me ask you this, would you put a cheap set of tires on your ride? Maybe you would, but at some time you would probably regret it. I can't help but think that many who settle for the avg. poor handling and brakes just don't know any better. One ride on a descent bike should change that. - Why are we paying twice the price for cheaper inferior components. First thing I do with a new cruiser is remove some of the over priced crap suspension and braking components and put some descent stuff on. The cheaper sportbikes come with the good stuff, why not cruisers. Ok, I'm done again.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:45 PM   #47
F451
Founding Member

maxriderdon,

Sean has actually been a proponent of a motorcycle's handling ability ever since I've been a MOHO. The reality is that a motorcycle does need to handle and handle properly. These enormous rear tire bikes have to be "scooched" around corners and they are really dangerous. I will take a good handling motorcycle over looks any day. BTW I do love a good cruiser; just make it one that handles correctly.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:54 PM   #48
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Actually, the jokes are probably about your use of the word "descent" (meaning to decrease altitude) instead of "decent" (meaning of acceptable quality or performance)
Old 10-27-2004, 02:14 PM   #49
F451
Founding Member

Sarnali,

Not "another" line! Is it permissible for me to lane-split to the front?
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:58 PM   #50
theDuke
Founding Member

Default Re:2 cylinders

Actually, I like twin-cylinder bikes. For that matter, I've had a total ball riding singles as well. I'm not racing on a track and high-end power output isn't my primary concern when I ride.

That said, I have a Triumph T-Bird with a three-cylinder inline engine.

There isn't anything "retro" about a twin layout for a motorcycle engine per se, just ask Ducati about that.

I agree that for the prices they ask Harleys have totally inadequate brakes and crap suspension components, though.

That 8-Ball looks great to me, but I'd like the footpegs a couple of inches closer.
theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote