Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-23-2004, 07:53 PM   #21
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Except for these

How about BMW's pants? They're armored and look like khakis. My buddy Rick has a pair and it took me a while to realize that they were actually riding gear.

Of course, they are offered by the Bavarian Money Wasters so they're about 200 smacks.

But geesh they are nice and as soon as my company starts making money again I'm going to get a pair.

Icon has armored jeans that allow us all to avoid the explosion-in-a-backpack factory graphics of most textile clothing.

But in general, you're right on.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2004, 07:53 PM   #22
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Another useful feature

And when I pulled the shirt up over my ears I could almost not hear you snore!
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:16 PM   #23
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default How to become a rustic

The concept of you, Sean, Ashley, Fonzie, and Buzz rolling up to the Green T in Pocatello, ID on sportbikes and spending an evening inside drinking Coors, fighting off drunk cowboys and menopausal women and riding the mechanical bull into the wee hours is so over the top that I am tempted to run out right now and max out the AMEX on airline tickets.

Then when you were done JR'd whup up on ya's with his pocket RC-51.

So when are you coming??

sbp
Old 10-23-2004, 08:31 PM   #24
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Starving sportbike rider needs suit. Send money.

What! You don't have car washes in So. Cal? Drag his ass in the bay and turn on the hose...Shiesh! It's not like you guys won't be fighting over the wand,

"Hey! Ya missed a spot...Where?...%$#@#$!...Oh, man, that's gotta hurt."

I would really love to buy a Matrix riding suit. Sure, I might look like the Michilin Man, in a Gay Pride Parade, but it sure would be nice to have a place to put all my stuff. Trouble is, I'm gonna be out, somewhere around a grand, for a two-piece track suit...

"And, the bank account says...Dream on!"

So, I guess it's gonna be soggy-britches, for, at least, one more year.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:56 PM   #25
F451
Founding Member

Default Re: Except for these

nbyers,

Not bad and the BMW Streetguard pants are decent--if they didn't cost $425 and have the reflective strip on the side of the legs. How are you goin' to run from the authorities after you've knocked-off the corner liquor store with reflective strips on your pants while ridin' your trusty Dolmette theme bike? I guess we can get eBass to try them out after we outfit him with a do-rag and black electrical tape over the reflective strips. Oh....and sunglasses. eBass, beer run?
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:22 AM   #26
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Acerbis Matrix Riding Suit

Ok sure, practical, comfortable whatever... what I really want to know about is the effectiveness of the armour/fabric in a real crash, you know triple digits and all? Come on Martin, what's up with that? Other than that good article/pictures blah, blah, blah...
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:47 AM   #27
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default A man's got to know his limitations

I dunno man, I don't think that it's got enough armor to ward off a Ducati.

Sorry, that was low, want a hug from my menopausal aunt?

Old 10-24-2004, 08:44 AM   #28
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Design Anyone?

I like the Techno-splash graffics myself, It's called hi-viz.. discordant shapes and shades are eye catching and will hopefully register in some dullards synapses before he/she pulls out or left turns into my path

Right now I have a sky blue bike with red and black riding gear and a helmet with 4 color graphics, If you can't see me coming you're blind or asleep.

I don't care if people recognize me as a "motorcycle enthusiast" as opposed to some leather and lace "biker," just as long as they see me.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 03:51 PM   #29
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I can't let Martin take credit for the menopausal aunt thing. I modified his original comment, inserting "bear hug from a menopausal aunt", in the process. Quite possibly the first funny thing I've ever written. -Sean
Old 10-24-2004, 03:57 PM   #30
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

If you READ the review, you'll see that Martin actually tested this gear onroad, offroad, in sun, rain and snow. Other than that, thanks for the constructive tips. -Sean