Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-23-2004, 10:02 AM   #11
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: Acerbis Matrix Riding Suit

SBP, I really am gonna have to take you up on that offer to ride up to the hinterlands and spend some time hangin' with you. Not cause of the riding mind you, I just gotta pick me up some of those hysterical backwoods-isms about menopausal aunts and such.
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2004, 12:24 PM   #12
Vlad
Registered Member

The real question to me is how does it stack up against an aerostitch? The "stitch" is, to me, the gold standard against which all of this stuff needs to be measured.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:30 PM   #13
kowalke67
Founding Member

So far I love my TourMaster (Cortech) leather gear. I have the perforated Coaster jacket, Decker pants, and some gauntlety carbon fibery knuckled gloves. Inexpensive (for leather), looks good, so far it's functional. If I get 15 years out of it I'll be thrilled. Only one complaint is the knee amour in the Decker pants rides up on my thigh when riding (relaxed sport bike riding position). Other than that all is good with it.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:10 PM   #14
Somnus
Founding Member

Or Motoport's products
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:40 PM   #15
John_Meloy
Founding Member

Indeed, I second that. All weather gear is of no use to me unless it gets good reviews in ALL WEATHER. Sunny california doesn't even remotely prove an all-weather gears environment prowess. If it ever rains down there, tell us if it leaks after riding on a sport bike at 60mph in a driving rain for 4 or 5 hours. That's a real test of wet weather gear.

I'm actually a little disgusted by MOs golden stamp of approval without really testing the gear. I would have hoped at least that you would have tested the abrasion durability by sliding down the road on your face!!

Cheerio.
John_Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:47 PM   #16
F451
Founding Member

Default Design Anyone?

Why is it that the majority of motorcycle clothing looks buttocks? Hey, can you spot the person who rides a motorcycle? Affirmative, from a mile away, just look at the clothes he's wearing. They match the tacky motorcycle graphics spewed on his motorcycle.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 05:11 PM   #17
giuliom
Registered Member

I agree. I live in sunny Southern California and I bought a pair of Teknic defender boots that are (or so the company says) "waterproof." I used them very lightly for about a year, then Monday I rode home in the real rain (25 miles, it was pouring pretty hard) and after about 10 miles my socks were totally soaked, like a sponge. It took two days just to dry up the inside of the boots. For a year I used them, sometimes in light rain, and did not have any trouble...
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 05:15 PM   #18
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Design Anyone?

You make a good point. Why can't motorcycling apparel look like regular clothing? Doe's it have to be decorated by someone that appears to have just wondered out of a mid 60's San Franciscan Fillmore West concert? As odd as the street ware looks, it pales in comparison to the recent dirt bike apparel. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #19
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Pricing Information

My profoundest apoligies. When we first put this together both the Matrix Jacket and Pant were on the Motorcycle USA Superstore website. I didn't check again before I sent Fonzie the final draft last week. My bad.

The Jacket has an MSRP of $299.95 and in the sizes and colors still available (limited) may be ordered directly from Acerbis:

http://www.acerbis.com/p135_jacket/6830.html

And I'm sure that the nice folks at MotorcycleUSA will happily respond to an email inquiry about hooking you up with the whole getup. I suspect that the jacket was a popular seller.

UnderArmor is available ubiquitously at shopping mall sporting goods store all across this greatest of all possible lands. Prices vary a lot with model/color/size.

Hope that helps.

martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 06:51 PM   #20
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I don't know that I totally agree with your premise in the first place since the Acerbis is different than the Aerostitch in both intent and execution - but I like the Acerbis better. Aerostitch suits are wonderful garments in every way but there are other things out there that work as well and in this case, better for a wide variety of on and offroad uses. I have ridden many thousands of miles in rain, snow, mud, blistering heat, wind, in highly abrasive environments, and have yet to find the conditions in which this combo let me down. THe stuff is comfortable, bulletproof, exceptionally well-armored and relatively inexpensive. I just don't know what more one could ask from the point of function..

About the only thing that Aerostitch suits I've worn have on the Matrix combo is that they sure look *****in'

cheers

martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote