Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Joe Rocket Dry Tech Liner (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2536-joe-rocket-dry-tech-liner.html)

johnnyb 10-05-2004 08:55 AM

Re: Joe Rocket Dry Tech Liner

I'd like to see how the jacket looks on like a moose or maybe one those, what're they called? a tapir. My God, can't we get Sister Mary to model or one of those people who dig cans out of the dumpster?

pdad13 10-05-2004 09:50 AM

Re: The cheaper equivilent...

My friend and I were both talking about this this weekend.

We're making an official decree that bowling is much closer to "sport" than golf is.

ewok1 10-05-2004 10:09 AM

egad

if that's not a moose, what the hell is it?

James_Brown 10-05-2004 10:21 AM

While I agree golf is a non-sport, placing bowling above it is ridiculous. I would say the two are close with golf getting a slight edge.

sarnali 10-05-2004 10:42 AM

Thanks to global warming I'm thinking about buying a Phoenix jacket for next summer, the last two summers here have been an unheard of upper eighties and ninties for months

As it is I just stuff my jacket in the saddlebags in the afternoon and wear a cotton pullover, with this I could zip the liner in and out as needed and have some abrasion resistance.

I've been using a JR Ballistic 4.0 jacket and pants combo for two years with good results in the wet and cold, but over 70' it gets pretty clammy

sarnali 10-05-2004 10:43 AM

Yeah, you're fec'n us out

mile_eater 10-05-2004 11:20 AM

Bowling rules. But it's not a sport.

Now if you had some fella down there guarding the pins...

THAT would be a sport.

maladg 10-05-2004 11:57 AM

I've got the liner for my Rocket...works pretty much exactly as described.

Someone mentioned NOT upgrading and just getting the golf pullover equivelent. I think someone has never been in a Pro Shop and seen the "prices".

Get the Rocket liner. It is a LOT cheaper than the golf stuff and has been repeatedly pointed out - can be used under any brand vented jacket.

Great article. Keep em coming.

Nplateau 10-05-2004 12:00 PM

Re: egad

a motorcyclist.

captainwhoopass 10-05-2004 12:08 PM

The two are close on the spectrum, but the edge clearly goes to bowling, for three reasons:

1) You're not allowed to use motorized transportation to get from one end of the bowling alley to the other (unless you're in a wheelchair).

2) It isn't common practice to hire someone to carry your bowling ball and scorecard for you.

3) As lame as it is, the attire for bowling is clearly more athletic than golf attire. Anything that requires you to wear a collared shirt and dress pants to play it is clearly not a sport.