Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #21
nbyers
Registered Member

Default But not in March

Meet in Idaho, ok, but not in the winter. I lived in Pocatello for many years. We'd need those ice tires with the spikes in 'em. For that matter not in the spring either.

August is nice there...hot days, cool nights.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2004, 08:08 AM   #22
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: MT01

That MT01 has to be one of the goofiest looking motorcycles ever produced, outdoing even the 1959 Honda 150 Dreamcycle.

And what are those big aluminum things stuck on each side of the tank? Toasters?

Godzilla looks like he works in Yamaha's styling design department now.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:14 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Razor Sharp my butt...

Back in the 60's the Ducati 250s got more powerful each year in the Berliner ad copy. Starting at about 24HP by 1968 they had 30HP! During this time Ducati made no engine changes at all. If Berliner was still in business, who knows? Those bikes might have 212HP by now.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:19 AM   #24
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Razor Sharp my butt...

And don't forget open exhaust. Some dyno tests even ran open ports, to get max hp readings, right before the motor grenaded. Must have been lots of deaf engineers back then.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:49 AM   #25
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

The big aluminum things are air filter covers as the air box sits over the injectors in the valley of the V twin motor.

While the styling of the MT01 is certainly "different", nothing will ever look any goofier than the 150 Dreamcycle with the possible exception of wild Bill Gelbke's Road Dog. VWW.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #26
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Long ago, didn't Burnsie do a test of the Road Dog, and ate it after going about 20 feet?
Old 09-15-2004, 09:19 AM   #27
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 YAMAHA SUPERSPORTS

I don't get this. The R6 has a redline of 15,500rpm yet the engine has a relatively long stroke of 44.5mm, which translates to an average piston speed of 4526 ft/min, 526ft/min beyond what has always been the safe limit. Is this redline for real or just painted on the tach for show? Do they figure the bike will never see over 20k miles so who will complain when the motor wears out? If it's real what have they done that allows such a high redline and how does the valve train handle the speed?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:37 AM   #28
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Yeah, as I recall he hit a curb and dumped it. Just one of his many moto journalist related crashes. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:40 AM   #29
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Hopefully KPaul will chime in here

He knows everything about motorcycles.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote