Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #91
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Razor Sharp my butt...

Buell makes more power? Well maybe so but personally I think "with Stage III numbers in the neighborhood of 120HP and 120+LbFt" are pretty repectable for a mighy fun ride. Everything is relative, seen any Buells racing R1's lately? Maybe the MT-01 will not have as nice a chassis as a Buell but then I would also trust a Yamaha motor more than a Buell. Hey I like the new Buell's, it's the only thing Harley makes that gives you something for your money (how'd that happen?)but that MT-01 looks like a load of fun to me.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2004, 01:58 AM   #92
Natasa23
Founding Member

Default Re: Why are WE EUROS LUCKY!!

Well, because of this I guess: http://www.motorkari.cz/intermot2004/girls/index.html

check out the Yamaha woman... Nevertheless, this does not mean anything. Yep, we get the new models a bit sooner (some of them) than u dudes in the USA, but if u can't get them what's the point I wonder...

Anyway, check out the http://www.intermot-muenchen.de/ there is an English version of the site as well...

P.S. any other euros on the MO maybe??
Natasa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:01 AM   #93
Natasa23
Founding Member

Default Re: Why are WE EUROS LUCKY!!

When I say get them I mean purchase them. I live in a european state where the average bike is between 8-12 years old... However, we import stuff from Germany, used. So, I guess even if we piggybag on German market, one can call us lucky... when I say us, I mean the "the new Euros"...

P.S. I am not a chick, I just put the stupid username.
Natasa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:12 AM   #94
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 YAMAHA SUPERSPORTS

Not that the MT-01 resembles a Vincent but the idea of that bike is carried forward at least. The fellow who is trying to remake the Vincent using a Honda V-twin should have used the Yamaha engine. Not as much performance but that Honda radiator just doesn't work.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:30 PM   #95
Benchster
Founding Member

In case anyone is interested, here's the website for more info on the MT-01:

http://www.mt-01.com/</a>

~B
Benchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:29 PM   #96
Dreadstar
Founding Member

The FZ1 is a good bike for it's class . However it is not even close to the performance of an '04 R1 .

Yamaha could build a 1/4 faired "naked " version of this bike ( '04 R1 ) without very much investment . What's wrong with all the Japanese manufacter's ? I mean is there a problem with building such a motorcycle ? Every attempt at a " naked bike " by a Japenese manuf. has been a compromise , carbs , old style steel frames , inferior suspension , overweight , not enough power , or just plain ugly .

Damn what the h*ll is it going to take to get it through to them - that they just need to change a few parts and BAM! the best " naked bike " on the planet !!!

In fact a whole new class of "super naked bike's".

If they want to limit top speed to keep it from performing too close to their "open class sportbikes " that is fine - who cares ? The aftermarket will sell chips to open them back up . Imho they just need to start building these things and quit screwing around .
Dreadstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:42 AM   #97
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: good one

a scathing rebuke!
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote