Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-15-2004, 11:25 AM   #51
ewok1
Founding Member

Default sv1000s

it would be silly for me to debate the svs' comfort with you. i can say i don't have comfort issues with mine. i do have issues with the suspension at track speeds. i bought the bike to be a street ride and to keep me from putting too many hours on my racebike motor during track days. i can't figure out any decent setting for the bike while i'm going fast. it's just not stable.

you mentioned a daytona as a worthy alternative. i agree. i probably even prefer the triple. but i don't think the daytona is that much more comfortable. i would also check the handling on the street. i think the sv beats the daytona for street handling. i hope my track observations don't destroy my credibility on this point.

the triumph feels heavier to me. the wheels on the triumph are really heavy for one thing. that might account for some of what i think is a ponderousness? in the steering.

i have ridden the sv in all kinds of environments. i can't think of a bike i have owned that works better on the street. hopefully a penske shock and some fork upgrades will lessen the track drama. i bought an 03 for $6750 brand new this year. i consider it a bargain. i bought an 01 daytona in 02 for 10 grand and sold it for a little less than 6 one year later. i don't think i'll lose that much on the sv.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #52
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Geez buzz

KPaul thinks he's as fast as you do I don't think there's anyway I could pass him. Well, maybe on the Geezer Glide I could.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 11:59 AM   #53
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: NEW 2005 SUZUKIS

A 45hp DR-Z400 would be a real corker- they only make about 35hp stock, the rough equivalent of a 250 four-stroke MXer. It's also considerably heavier than a 450 MXer.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:20 PM   #54
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: NEW 2005 SUZUKIS

Did someone fart? I thought I heard an ******* talking *****.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:17 PM   #56
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: sv1000s

Well, I'm not sure how tall you are, but I'm just about average height. I found the SV to be uncomfortable. Of course, height is only part of the equation. We all have different anatomical atributes, so even if you are the same height as me, you might find it more suitable to your body type. I didn't.

The Daytona seemed to fit me better. The reach to, and height/angle of, the bars seemed less extreme. The peg placement worked better for me, too. I haven't ridden the Daytona yet, so I can't speak for it's manners on the road.

Price is certainly an issue. The only reason I really got interested in the Daytona is that I think I can snag an '04 for around nine grand. I'm going to go for a demo ride soon, so I'll know for sure if I'm serious about it.

And just so you know, I was seriously considering an SV1000S last year. At the time, they weren't dealing real seriously on them and after sitting on it, I wasn't thrilled with the ergos. I still think it's a really nice bike. I'm just not sure it's right for me. If they come down to $6500, I might have to reconsider!
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 01:26 PM   #57
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:

I hear ya' If they talk about current affairs any accomplishments are pretty thin

All Kerry has to say is "I showed up, you and Cheney didn't, end of story" Instead he flips and flops like tits on a fat girl, while these chickenhawk warriors send more of our kids off to fight because "God told him to"

So yeah, better stick to 30yrs ago, Funny thing is, if you dress the same about every 20 years or so clothes come back in style.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 01:34 PM   #58
sarnali
Founding Member

Are you doing your demo at I-90? Don is pretty sharp on Triumphs up there.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:15 PM   #59
ewok1
Founding Member

i'm 6'1" and i agree completely with your analysis. my dimensions are normal i guess. not freakish i hope.

i just wanted you to know i have had a good experience with the sv. i find riding sport bikes for me is all a matter of movement. if i can move on the bike and keep my speed up, i don't get too sore unless the bike is also wickedly stiff like a ducati superbike. its just an endurance contest on those things. i don't know why anybody would buy one for the street.

i just realized you must be a wetsider. someday i hope to meet the morons on this site.

finally, i like the daytona. 9 grand sounds really good to me if you don't plan to sell soon. oddly, the triumph i liked the best was an 01 sprint rs.

triumph motors are superb. i've heard they last forever. a bunch of guys ride triumph to pacific raceways on race weekends. i admit i always cast an envious glance towards them.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:45 AM   #60
pdad13
Founding Member

Nope. I'm a New York boy. Hell, I don't even know what I-90 is.

I gotta get out more.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote