Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #41
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: NEW 2005 SUZUKIS

Or over 6 feet tall. It's hard to believe that Suzuki found it more profitable to keep the uncomfortable S model over the more comfortable and practical plain jane SV. I've seen some of the new 2003 SV1000 bikes for sale for less than 6 grand on trader online. If I had a spare 6K I'd like to own one. VWW

BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2004, 07:49 AM   #42
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Geez buzz

Pacific Northwest... Logging roads.....

Flannel armchaps are your only option
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:57 AM   #43
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Well sheet-fire boy..

I'm an old rocker from way back, I even have a Triumph, We'll just have to remember to call them "fookin' hairy poofs" instead of posers.

And what is the "Down with Honkies" thing anyway? What are ya, some kinda whacko Utah 'Nam vet unaboinger or something?
Old 09-15-2004, 08:24 AM   #44
sarnali
Founding Member

I know what you mean, I've been browsing un-faired Bandits and SV's myself. It's nice to get your knees in the breeze once in a while.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:24 AM   #45
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: NEW Supermoto

And let's hope all the hop-up MX parts fit.

I want one.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:35 AM   #46
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I thought wood armchaps might be the best choice so the Spotted Owls could land on them.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:38 AM   #47
cycleguy26
Founding Member

I like the idea of the DRZ400SM. I read that the current DRZ 400 gets something like 65 mpg. Now with appropriate street tires, it should be one heck of a commuter for those not wanting their money to go to the oil companies. Is it more fun than a barrel of Olsen twins? Hey, at least it's legal.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:02 AM   #48
pdad13
Founding Member

The unfaired model was pretty ugly. The SVS with the full fairing (lower fairing added) is a pretty nice looking bike. The problem, for me at least, isn't that the bike has clip-ons and rear-sets, but that it's too extreme. An inch higher at the bars, and a flatter angle (like the Buell XB triple clamp/bar set) would help a lot. Also, the reach is just too damn far from pegs to bars. Some fairly minor ergo adjustments would have made the bike very livable. As it is now, it feels awkward and potentially painful.

I've been looking at a Daytona 955i. That thing feels way more comfortable than the SVS. Something seems wrong with that picture, no?

I was talking to the sales manager at my local Suzuki dealer. He told me that when they introduced the SV1000S at the dealer expo, he knew they got it wrong as soon as he sat on it. It's a shame, because everyone seems to think it's a nice bike.

They want about 7k for 2003 leftover. I guess that leaves some money for some bar risers, at least. Hmmmm...
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:01 AM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

That's right, Chuck. F^&% the pigs! Right on. Free Eldridge Cleaver!

I'm just trying to get into the spirit of things, since every time I turn on the news someone is yakking about things that happened 30 years ago. I looked in my closet but couldn't find any old bell bottoms. I did find an old string of love beads, though.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:10 AM   #50
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Oh geez! This IS a delima.

Wood and Flannel are both excellent choices. However, since you will be riding in the Pac North West, I recomend that you go back to your Harley Leather Boy look and wear a nice set of black leather arm chaps with 10" spikes all over them, so you can clothesline KPaul, as you pass his wobbling ZX-6R around the outside of a nice curvy road. Of course, first we'll need to convince KP to get off his ass and actually go ride. -Sean