Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-11-2004, 07:51 PM   #41
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Useless, Expensive, Weight-Adding Brake Tech

Agreed. Expect the Govt to mandate linked braking in a few years. All thanks to the manufacturers who peddle this crap. The IIHS will get the crazy idea that it is safer and will order their lackeys in the DOT to mandate it.

We barely escaped a linked braking mandate that Carter's wacko DOT Sec, Joan Claybrook, had ready to fly in the 70's. The Reagan Administration mercifully cancelled the rule.

Think we'll dodge this bullet again?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2004, 07:53 PM   #42
seruzawa
The Toad

Default More hairs to split...

If a man is in the forest and there is no woman to hear him is he still wrong?
Old 09-11-2004, 10:22 PM   #43
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 BMW K1200S

Well, you and I and most of the rest of us here may not be fussing over it, but it's been featured as big news in most of the MC pubs since the first rumors and spy photos emerged. I'm sure it's a very nice bike, but the fact that BMW has ditched some of their own traditions is really the story here. Most people who want a bike like this will take one look, say "cool, a fast BMW," and go straight to the Suzuki or Kawasaki, or even Honda and Triumph dealers. Of course some will buy, especially in Europe, but still...
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:46 PM   #44
mikedard
Founding Member

Default Re: Boring Metal Winner (BMW)

Do you own a MV Agusta?
mikedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:31 PM   #46
mikedard
Founding Member

YoU can go straight to the blue line, next guy follow the green line, the rest of you! Get on the red line...Lemmings... "But still", what was that thought you wouldn't say out loud. Yes indeedee! Fancy eelectrics supension. I dee clares! You means I cans just pus the buton and it'z becomes stiff all over? Yor means the front supension goez up and down and nothin changes? My o myz!!

Wow for a minute there I was someone else.

I'm not afraid to say it, this is a very innovative motorcycle. It'll be interesting to see what the consequence will be in the motorcycle arena, or the reaction of the agglomerate.

Extensive Review!!
mikedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:48 AM   #47
drthompson65
Founding Member

It looks nice but I for one would like to see the cancelled Triumph Daytona 1200. This bike was put on ice after word leaked out it was topping over 200mph on the Autobahn and we all know how the European Union likes that nice around number of 186 (300 KPH). From spy photos it looked similar to the Daytona 600 and that would have been one sweet ride with bags.
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 03:46 AM   #48
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Walther p99

A wise man once said...

"That's why I hang my hat in Tennessee."

and soon I will too.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:51 AM   #49
mile_eater
Founding Member

ok... while I admit to being ignorant about the configuration... I would never use that term. i just thought the thing was actually a V.. not a flat 6.

I've never heard a flat 6 called a 180 v-6... but if I ever did... I think I'd have to slap someone.

Old 09-12-2004, 03:56 AM   #50
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: Walther p99

Seeing how officers usually only get there to clean up the mess and put the pieces of the puzzle together, its kinda nice for people to take care of themselves.

Last year a guy had his GSXR 1000 stolen and called 911 to report it. He had to wait a long time so he grabbed his shotgun and went looking for it and found his neighbor's boyfriend had run it down the street and was trying to hotwire it. The victim butte stroked the turd in the head knocking him out. Needless to say he obtained an immidiate response from the police, got his bike back in one piece and the turd just got sentenced in the pokey. Otherwise nothing would have happened except him be disapointed with cops, hassled by his insurance, and out of a bike.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote